Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi Conversion Instructions??

VDR · 2020-11-05 17:52

Hello All, I have a hitachi 120-2 or -3 that have had ongoing electrical problems with the HCU and controls. I’ve noticed this seems to be an issue that plagues these grey market machines. I bought one of the conversion kits to get rid of the electronics, however there aren’t any instructions, and I’ve scoured this site and couldn’t find any write ups. If someone could send me a decent set of instructions, I’ll do a full write up of the process for anyone else who may attempt this. Thanks in advance!

Replies19
  1. #1Garter2020-11-05 19:14

    There's a thread on here that was asking the same, there's also a basic instruction sheet floating around in one of the other threads. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2VDR2020-11-05 19:59

    Hey Garter, I was able to find that thread with the pictures. What I’m concerned about more is the plethora of springs and shims that I received with the kit. I’ve emailed the company that sent the kit, supposedly it was supposed to come with instructions. But alas...

  3. #3Garter2020-11-06 06:31

    I think I have fitting instructions on my PC, give me your email address I'll send them on.

  4. #4excavator2020-11-06 11:32

    I'm curious as to whether anyone has ever been able to make one of these kits operate as it should? How well did the machine operate after the kit was installed?

  5. #5Garter2020-11-06 12:58

    My 120-3 operates perfectly. However I don't have a frame of reference to how it operated before. I can safely say at 75% throttle it's as fast as a Takeuchi 8 tonne I operated recently. Tracking speed seems to be set at medium. Only thing I noticed is when boom up and dipper in is used fast the boom circuit seems to jerk (pulsate), this could be a totally unrelated issue as when I lightly touch the control for the boom it's incredibly responsive. That's my 2 cents anyway, I'm not an excavator expert by any means

  6. #6VDR2020-11-07 12:32

    Hello all, I was able to get installation instructions from the supplier, and holy crap. What a terrible set of instructions. It looks like an engineer wrote them, then had his 5 year old son translate everything using google translate. Anyway, the machine works flawlessly now. The kit I bought was from SINOCMP, and it did seem to include everything needed. If anyone else ends up doing this conversion, I’m happy to help out with tips. Thanks for the help Garter!

  7. #7Garter2020-11-07 12:41

    No problem, any time. I have the same kit, my only concern is that if something were to go wrong with the conversion I have no idea how to fault-find the problem. But I suppose that's why we are all here.

  8. #8VDR2020-11-07 12:50

    Garter that’s kind of how I feel, but for $700 I could just buy a whole new kit, replace the main valve, and probably be less money out of pocket that diagnosing the clunky old electrical system!

  9. #9SoutheastSavage2021-01-18 15:10

    is there anything to look out for when doing the conversion? I have the conversion kit and I have some instructions I got from this page. Just haven’t tackled the job yet Glad to see some body with a positive experience with it

  10. #10SoutheastSavage2021-01-20 10:45

    Sounds like you got your machine up and running you didn’t happen to do a write up did you ?? I have a mechanic coming to look at mine and if he can’t diagnose I plan to install conversion kit

  11. #11rankothge2021-01-22 20:57

    Hi I need instruction of hitachi ex120-2 conversion kit. Anyone have it?? Thanks

  12. #12SoutheastSavage2021-02-02 21:05
  13. #13SoutheastSavage2021-02-02 21:05

    this is the conversion kit instructions that I have been able to round up.

  14. #14rankothge2021-02-04 12:12

    Thanks a lot my friend Can you please send me again. Your pdf file cannot open. Thanks in advance.

  15. #15Nige2021-02-04 12:21

    Try downloading the file to your computer then open it. It opens fine for me.

  16. #16Cryil Noble2021-02-09 22:36

    HI , i recently bought a sinocomp conversion kit for my ex200-3 , i installed it and pump still killing the engine, so i removed all the shims and still too much for the engine , dont know if there is anyother action only if i could find a weaker spring ,any thoughts?

  17. #17R Campbell2023-08-25 14:27

    VDR I've installing Sincomp Kit on my EX 120-2 do you know the location where the heavy spring that was sent with the kit goes. I could use a few pointers to complete my install and get back to using my machine

  18. #18Cryil Noble2023-08-25 15:46

    I also was curious as to why there was a heavy spring in the kit! My machine is barely useable I have removed all washers to try to make it pump less oil but still stalls easy , the jib boom and the bucket curl is ok but everything else is too demanding on the engine , I wishe there was a way to adjust individual functions

  19. #19cuzandcuz2025-02-05 08:20

    Did anyone figure purpose of heavy spring in the kit??