Hi all, looking for some advice. Every time I replace dash 6 fuel filters when servicing I always leave the ignition on for at least a minute before trying to restart the engine. Everyone the engine struggles to start. Is there something else I should be doing. Thanks in advance
On most units that I change fuel filters on I take rags and make them into a ball the size of a softball and put them over the tank filler neck. You then insert a 1/4 inch pipe blow gun or really any size under the rag ball and hold light pressure on the rag ball. Have someone put continous air into the tank at a slow but steady speed without putting too much presssure. You only need 1 PSI of air on top of the fuel and it will race threw the fuel system. If they start to put too much pressure it will start to want to vapour or spray out the rag. Make sure the person on the air gun is wearing glasses. Crank the engine for5 seconds and then wait a few seconds. I use this technique alot and most start up on first or second try. It is also a very good way to get oil to the pumps instantly on Hydraulic Tanks and also on Transmissions with filler necks such as Wheel loaders, Bulldozers when changing out the oil from these components. Hope this helps. Simon
What engine and what fuel system? Is there a hand primer or electric or what? Is there some place to bleed the fuel after the filters?
After replacing the filter, have you performed air removal in the fuel system?
Thanks for the reply. To be honest I'm used to hyundai machines where once you change the fuel filters you put the ignition on a couple of times and then they fire up straight the way. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on thanks pal
Isuzu engine electric lift pump pal