Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX120-2 Main Pump Drain

JDCrow · 2021-01-08 13:48

Finally got machine back. O-rings are shot so starting Isolate the different ports/solenoids etc that have o-rings. I started at the top and took the two solenoids off and oil poured out. Looking at the pump, there is a drain plug and one on top of the pump as well. My manuals do no have any pump info. Is there a proper way to drain then refill the pump after I replace the O-rings ?

Replies17
  1. #1skyking12021-01-08 14:27

    The tank level is higher than the pump. when I did the 2000 hour service I drained the oil out of the bottom of the tank, pulled the filter pulled the screen and cleaned it put it in a new filter. After I filled it up you have to break loose those gigormous plugs on top. that's where the vent the air back out so you don't try and start a dry pump. It took two men and a baby and a big cheater bar.

  2. #2uffex2021-01-08 15:04

    Good day To isolate the pumps from the tank pull out the screen filter rap a plastic bag around the filter and put it back in, don't forget to remove it when you are done. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3JDCrow2021-01-08 15:07

    Is this from the top of the tank? I need to look at the flow diagram a little better thanks

  4. #4uffex2021-01-08 15:09

    Yes the screen is on a long stem

  5. #5uffex2021-01-08 15:12

    see 23

  6. #6JDCrow2021-01-08 16:24

    Thanks very much

  7. #7JDCrow2021-01-08 18:30

    Looks like new screen time

  8. #8JDCrow2021-01-08 18:32

    Turns out I have one with bag already in it

  9. #9JDCrow2021-01-08 19:06

    Well all was good till stripped Allen heads

  10. #10lantraxco2021-01-08 20:51

    I'm hoping that's a return filter? Otherwise it's pump rebuild time. Should have a stainless screen suction strainer under one of those covers.

  11. #11JDCrow2021-01-08 22:02

    It’s all there. The top came off when I unscrewed it and it fell a part as I was pulling it out. Will have to drain the tank at any rate

  12. #12lantraxco2021-01-09 02:04

    Been in there too long, maybe trapped some water....

  13. #13JDCrow2021-01-09 06:16

    It appears so. I believe it sat for awhile, it’s why o-rings are flat, brittle and dried out.

  14. #14skyking12021-01-09 08:44

    Remember when we started with your new machine? I'd do the 2000 hour list if I were in your shoes.

  15. #15JDCrow2021-01-09 23:46

    Yeah. I’m wanting a clean slate. I’ll go back and look. Thanks again

  16. #16JDCrow2021-01-12 11:22

    Is it worth moping up the last 1/4” or so of fluid left in the tank? In could burn a shop vac and use towels to clean up residual oil , its a long ways down there with my short arms

  17. #17skyking12021-01-12 15:30

    You might pull the bottom cover if you're concerned.