I'm looking at more Hitachi excavators now days and was wondering if anyone knows if and how one can access the diagnostics on the computer monitor. When the ZX machines first hit the shores here I had access to a book for just a little bit which showed that it could be done on the machine I was working on. I didn't have a way to copy it down and the book was no longer available after the machine left. Is it possible that it can be accessed on later machines? Thanks
the only way you can get into the ecu to get all the info is with the dr ex/zx. go ito www.o2epc.com or www.autoepc4you.com
I don't need all the info, only the diagnostic codes. As I recall there is a certain way to press the monitor buttons to brings any codes up.
The service manuals all show how it's done. If you don't have a manual I might be able to figure out how to e-mail it to you. Send me a PM if you need it.
I will try to send you some hints by mail or PM. By the way is there any similar techniques for volvo excavator B or C series, Thanks
Hey there John c, when the key is turned off hold the set button and then fire up while still pressing button. Done.
Thanks Mr. Monrad, Is that on the Dash 1 and 2 models? John C.