Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex 100-2 heating up

Nelsonkl · 2023-08-13 14:47

Wanting to get hot who has had this problem and how to fix it

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-08-14 00:20

    Some more details would help. Rad is full and fins are all clean, no leaks? Water pump is circulating? Fan belt is tight and in good condition? Have you checked temperatures with a heat gun? A little background on the issue will help to diagnose the problem.

  2. #2Nelsonkl2023-08-30 09:49

    I’m wondering about the water pump I can run it at a slow speed then after it gets close to hot it drops to an operable temp then I can run wide open

  3. #3excavator2023-08-30 12:24

    What's your outside temp? Is all the foam still around the radiator? If any foam is missing the fan air will go around the radiator instead of through it. What's the condition of the hydraulics? An overheating hydraulic system will also cause the engine to run hot.