Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX 120-3 electronic schematic or resistor value needed!

roberto o nacinovich ยท 2022-08-19 11:14

Hey wondering if anyone can help me out, good friend of mine has the Hitachi EX 120-3, 1995 or 1996, burned out a resistor on the PVC unit. It's R1 and I cannot find a schematic anywhere. Downloaded two different shop manuals and neither of them show any electronics. I ohmed it out and one day it was 700 ohms and the next it's 300. He lives in Montana and I live in Ohio, don't want to take a chance and mail it all the way out there with the wrong one installed. The resistor is discolored so I cannot tell by the bands what the value is.

Replies7
  1. #1mg23612022-08-19 12:33

    Welcome to HEF Roberto ! 10 ohm - 4 Watt resistor. That is part of the 5 volt sensing circuit. It usually fails because the F7 1A fuse keeps blowing and someone may have put a larger amperage fuse in (which should never be done). The underlying cause is usually a short to ground in the wiring or in a sensor.

  2. #2roberto o nacinovich2022-08-19 19:32

    Thank you for your quick response! Totally makes sense, my buddy told me a technician had to modify a harness he bought online to make it work. Really can't thank you enough!

  3. #3roberto o nacinovich2022-09-23 09:12

    Hello wondering if you or anyone else could tell me where the F7 fuse is located.

  4. #4mg23612022-09-23 12:09

    Post a picture of your fuse box. The F7 should be the fourth one down on the left when looking at the fuse box.

  5. #5roberto o nacinovich2022-09-25 16:37

    My friend/ customer is in Idaho (I'm in Ohio), I will have him send me a pic, thank you!

  6. #6LACHAU2022-09-26 01:28

    Hope to helpful. Good luck.

  7. #7Skeezix12022-09-26 11:27

    Thanks!