Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX 200-3 (throttle)

gdodd · 2013-05-26 16:22

Having problems with my throttle on a 200-3. The settings will not change on the throttle. There are 4 throttle settings which are; I,L,E,P. The L is illuminated. But, the engine is not at low rpms, instead, it is at high rpms when you start it. With the key on the on position, the L is illuminated, not the I setting. There are no fault codes set. I'll take all the ideas I can get. Thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1joeblow2013-05-26 19:27

    Check the throttle cable from the throttle motor to the injection pump.They have a tendency to seize.Then make sure the wiring is connected to the throttle motor.If all that is OK take the throttle motor off and check the little gear on the motor position sensor.they can strip. You can also just pin the linkage if all else fails but it means getting in and out when you want to shut down.

  2. #2Chisumtrail2013-05-26 23:07

    Has the batteries been unhooked or changed? The throttle motor might need to be calibrated. With the key off push and hold the P button for the throttle control and turn key to first position, don't start, you should hear the throttle motor going thru steps. Turn key off after throttle motor returns start.

  3. #32005kes20052013-05-28 23:51

    We generally put in a manual throttle and set of guages bipass the computer- simply no headaches

  4. #4Scrapper2013-05-29 15:49

    I bet that really ups the resale value.

  5. #5cutting edge2013-05-30 08:43

    If you're concerned with resale value on a -3, you have issues.

  6. #6cutting edge2013-05-30 08:46

    They default to the L position on start up. As said before, check the cable from the ec motor to the injection pump. There is a different learning procedure than posted above,for the ec motor, but ill be damned if i can remember it right now. If all else fails, running a hand throttle IS a popular conversion for this vintage of machine

  7. #7KenAl2013-05-31 21:35

    The learning on the throttle is every time you press "P" it hits the fuel stop and records the voltage off the EC angle sensor. Idle rpm is set with the bolt in the " T " link and the EC angle sensor at 2.5 volts. The engine on start up will only be at a higher rpm when the engine temp is at a low setting. Can't remember the setting. Once up to operating temp it starts at idle rpm.

  8. #8Scrapper2013-06-01 13:05

    Yep, that is how my -3 works too. I have never had the throttle default to the "L" position on start up. The machine when started, starts at idle speed and only goes to a higher RPM when you push the warm up button, which after the hydraulic oil reaches a certain temp the RPM's increase, but the indicator will stays in the "I" position, unless you move a control lever which it will then switch over to the "L" position. After the machine is warmed up the RPM's return back to idle speed. The only time I have ever noticed the machine to start a higher RPM is when it is really cold and I turn the key back to engage the intake heaters before starting. That seems to bump up the throttle a bit and when you start the machine it will be running at a slightly higher speed than idle.

  9. #9Mbar2019-03-20 15:45

    Hey guys. Sorry to bring up a old post. I’ve got a 200-3 that some else has fooled with. Im getting just a slight rev when I hit the p button. It has a new cable and the stop motor is working. Is the a learn procedure or adjust the position sensor as needed

  10. #10Joshua-rhasta2019-09-27 06:40

    Watch this guys he knows how to troubleshoot. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGMd...h0ulgEf&csn=beaNXYSjM7eHs8IPqbKDwAI&wlfg=true

  11. #11digger242j2019-09-28 17:57

    Posting a link one time isn't a problem. Posting the same thing in six different threads is unacceptable. It's spamming. Please don't do that again.