Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex 200 battery hatch

Huband1 ยท 2014-11-15 12:20

Has anyone had any problems with being unable to unlock the access hatches on their machines? For some reason, I thought I should lock up the hatches on my new to me ex 200. Well crap, I can't open up the battery compartment now. I have been trying to put some lubricating juice on the key, but so far no luck. Will continue with that after I have a spare key cut. Any one else run into such a situation? I want to get in there to wire a relay for the accessory lighting I just bought, and don't really want to start cutting and hacking. Alan

Replies2
  1. #1tool_king2014-11-15 16:12

    Try pushing down on cover, pull up or pry side to side with a piece of wood so you don't damage you machine.

  2. #2Huband12014-11-15 21:31

    Hi tool_king, I lubed up the lock and pushed and pulled and twisted left and right and just before dark... presto the door pops open. Thanks