i'm retired now and really don't miss getting up early and driving a long distance to work but i do enjoy coming here to look at work pics relating to excavator work..it seems this forum is for the nuts and bolts side of excavators and not the true artistry of what can be done with these machines..could we have more "work" pics?
I uploaded a bunch recently but there didnt seem to be much interest. I think since I first joined this forum its turned more towards the 'weekend warriors' who buy an old tractor backhoe or dozer to work on a farm or ranch and not really for people who do it for a living.
while i never did much gas/electrical work i enjoyed the pics
I think part of the problem is that those of us who look at the pics are bad about expressing our opinions of them. I never think about taking pics of what I do while I'm doing it. It seems like I only do normal routine stuff, and nobody would be interested; but, I know I like looking at the pics both of you (and others) have posted. Even routine stuff is done differently in other parts of the country, and the world.
I post all of my pics to instagram - http://instagram.com/trentnz/# About 200 or so pics. Hopefully you can view all without the instagram app
Glad to hear you are enjoying your retirement, a lot of guys seem to share their work photos on the showtime threads.
i like the pics!! some cool looking work over there
Anyone else here on instagram? Rjfalconemasonry Mostly finished job pics but some of the equipment
I just started a new Instagram, username I'm_diggin_it Lots of cool work/equipment pictures on there.
Mine is movin_dirt ... 693 pictures ... over 2 years though
Walking excavator in water.
Some tree work on a slope.
Loading Menzi Muck on the truck.
Some bucket work in Gullies.
Dead gum tree removal form a slope. If you'd like to see more let me know. Don't want to bore anyone.
Thats some tidy work mate. reckon is get it all done with a tracked machine though
Not boring at all! Those menzi mucks are pretty cool! How are the controls set up with all the different functions?
Haha, yeah, little bit steeper than it looks in the pics Trent, the low impact aspect of the machine is the attractive advantage that the customers like. Movindirt, four foot peddles, two main joysticks and three micro joysticks on each main joystick, these control the undercarriage, foot pedals control boom extension, travel forward/reverse, and two pedals for open/close and swivel on the grapple.
Wow, that would take a bit of running to get used to.