Hi, I need some help with my mini excavator which I have bought to use on my hobby farm. It is a Hitachi Ex33Mu mini excavator. Recently it was spluttering and not running properly which seemed to be a dirty fuel problem. So with some help from some mates we took out the fuel tank (to clean) , replaced all fuel lines and a new filter. The fuel was pretty dirty in the tank with lots of gunk and algae. In the process my mate “opened” the in line fuel pump to see if it was clogged (it wasn’t). We clamped and screwed it back together again but I think they are designed as a sealed unit. Anyway we put everything back today and it run beautifully for about 20 minutes and then stopped completely (no spluttering). I cannot hear the tic tic tic tic sound of the fuel pump anymore. Questions: Is it likely to be the fuel pump that has failed that perhaps should not have been opened up? Could it just be a fuse? Also when putting parts back we put the in line fuel pump after the filter (but it was before the filter when we started as when I bought the machine)? Please help – I am a recently retired office worker with “puffy white hands” and little knowledge of mechanical things but I need this machine to do some work on my hobby farm. Cheers Glen
HI Glen, i think those pumps are a sealed unit, any i ever took apart were scrap after! You could check and see if you have power to the pump anyway just in case, but i think it will be it! Aiden