Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX 60-2 Swing Motor or Center Coupling ?

esev ยท 2012-05-07 09:41

My EX 60-2 started showing hydraulic oil from swing bearing/gear compartment. I checked it, and it has become a hydrailic oil reservoir ! All functions on the machine work fine, but it does drain down the hydraulic tank when it's in use, and sitting cold. Where should I start looking for leaks ? In the center coupling or the swing motor ? Is there any way to trouble shoot this, and isolate the problem before tearing into the wrong component ? Any advice would be much appreciated ! Thank You !

Replies2
  1. #1cps2012-05-07 11:33

    Hi esev, most likely your centre joint if it's hydraulic oil! Done a few this last year, if you look down from the top there is a rubber boot around it, if you pull this back a bit ( you won't be able to get it of completely cos of the hoses) you may be able to you the oil coming out around the top of it with the machine running! It will most likely be the main o-ring that's gone, but best the replace all when you got it out! All in all not to bad of a job, if you have any bother getting seals I have them on the shelf! Hope this helps! Aiden

  2. #2esev2012-05-09 11:03

    Thanks Aiden ! I've sent out some requests at local supply houses for the parts. We should be able to see what they can get me soon. I'll let you know if I strike out.