I have a EX100-3 with some electrical issues. The engine stop quit working and in checking I found that there was no voltage at the (B) power circuit to the motor. Attached is a diagram of the system. I found some corrosion at the main terminal block between the inner and outer wiring harness where the B circuit flows through. After cleaning and putting back together, still nothing. I had 24 volts coming thru the 5 amp fuse but no voltage or continuity at the proper wire at the terminal block which matches the color coding out of the fuse. Figuring I had a broken wire in between, I decided to run a new wire from the fuse to the output side of the block. I had checked continuity on the wire from there to the motor connector. After installing the jumper wire and hooking things up I ended up with 54 volts at the connector to the motor. It wasn't hooked to the motor at that time. How did I jump from 24 volts to 54 volts????? The circuit diagram doesn't show a transformer or anything. In fact there should be 24 volts from the battery to the stop motor at all times with no interruptions. I'm also having problems with the EC Motor circuit but I haven's chased that gremlin yet. It may be cured with the cleaning. Refer to attached circuit diagram. Please help with your ideas. - Thanks, Bill
The system schematic at the end of the manual does not match the diagram you put up. Check your EC Motor Relay behind the seat. Also, did you check for codes?
Usually the only way you will have 54V is the alternator B terminal cannot find continuity to the Batterys through the battery relay, and is running full throttle max voltage. When this happens you will see four more of those fuses in the fuse box with 54v on them. You need to check (both) the fusible links on the battery relay and the functionality of the battery relay.
Thanks, will check these units. But, in order for the alternator to create high voltage the engine would need to be running. All these indications are made with the key on but engine NOT started. Am I missing something?
Well damn, I have a bad voltage meter. Put another one on and now it registers 25V. Sorry for the confusion. My next step is to see if stop motor and EC motor works.