Hello, I have a question regarding my 1985 MS-300. I'm about to order a few new lines and I'm having a hard time finding the type. Please if anyone knows any names or details based off the image please let me know. These are the lines going to the boom. The other question that I have is a hard line that is leaking slowly. The leak is coming from an old repair on the weld. This hard line is on the boom and at least 10 ft long. I was going to swap it out with a soft line to make it easy until my in law suggested his friend would "try" to weld it. I know this is not the easiest weld. I'm just a backyard welder and not sure if I want to attempt it or let my in laws friend attempt. Let me know what you would recommend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
As I recall those are JIS 30 connections, but you will want to check that by finding an adapter or hose end and trying it on. I wouldn't try to weld up a hard line myself, if the friend has done this type of work and seems proficient it might be worth letting him have a go. As you suggested, replacing with a soft line is the easiest and probably safest way to go. YMMV