Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex100-2/John Deere 490e

Nelsonkl · 2023-12-20 11:14

Engine not opening up , runs like it’s a third throttle

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-12-21 00:35

    Is the throttle lever moving all the way? Does it act like it wants to die? When were the fuel filters last changed? The more info you can give how the problem started including the serial number the better to help diagnose the problem. First thing is to state if it's a JD or Hitachi and the engine model. I don't know if they use the same engines.

  2. #2Nelsonkl2024-01-11 12:05

    I figured it out but now it dies every little bit I should of got a cat lol

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-01-11 13:57

    There's obviously still a problem if it still dies. An Hitachi is everybody as good as a Cat and a used Cat could have the same issues. You need to dive deeper into it to find the problem. If you're not really experienced working on a diesel, it might be worth having an experienced mechanic come out. It could save you a whole lot of frustration.

  4. #4skyking12024-01-11 15:00

    sounds like water/dirt/crud in the tank. Have you sumped the tank?

  5. #5Nelsonkl2024-01-19 15:23

    Not fuel now when you turn it off an alarm goes off until I use the battery disconnect

  6. #6mg23612024-01-20 05:41

    When turn the key off and the alarm is sounding, ground the Blue/Yellow at the alternator with a jumper. Does the alarm turn off?