Hello, we’ll I’ve been tinkering with my ex120-2, due to maybe low power. I read the threads to check the fuel banjo screen filter. Now machine cranks up and runs great and smooth. I pulled banjo and filter was pretty darn clogged. I was happy to think wow here’s my low power problem. So I cleaned it up and put back in. Machine won’t idle, it spits and sputters now. I was like dang what happened, it ran perfect with partial clog. Any thoughts?
Possibly transfer pump is now sucking air at the banjo bolt seal washers since being disturbed.
Guessing since I also changed fuel filter need to reprimed. Does this machine have a hand primer?
Just pump the hp till it clears up..
I'd pull the banjo filter again. If it were that bad the first time.....
To the above about hp. It won’t run more than 10 seconds. I’ll try to pull the banjo above. Per a diesel mechanic, possible it needs a prime and crack each injector to clear air out.
It's easy to lose a sealing washer when you pull the banjo bolt, and that's on the suction side so it can suck air. If it starts and runs, then it SHOULD bleed all the air on it's own. It almost has to be sucking air to die after ten seconds. Is there a water separator between the tank and the banjo bolt on the pump? How about any rubber fuel hoses? check those for cracks at the bends by the fittings.
There is a water separator between tank and banjo. I’ll double check washer, I did tighten them pretty good to avoid a leak or air suction.
"pretty good" means exactly the middle of the torque spec, right?
So I pulled banjo, clean, no fuel. Pulled fuel filter no fuel inside. So seems I need to get it primed up. So filled fuel filter and crank it till it started. Runs good now again. Thanks for mental support and postings etc. on to next adventure…
Hello! How the Hitachi EX 120 machine is doing?
I have -2 version of Hitachi ex 120. Are its parts available in the market?
Yes, lots of parts in the market.
Thank you
I had the same problem and pulled the banjo fittings around the fuel filter, none had banjo filter screens. Does anyone know the sizes to replace the missing ones?
What are you talking about Bailey? The seals or the screen that goes inside the banjo bolt? The screens I've seen are on the inlet to the transfer pump, inside the bolt pointing down, low on the side of the inline injection pump. From that transfer pump the fuel goes up to the filter and back to the engine generally.
I am looking for replacement screens to go inside to banjo bolt.
Do you have a water separator between the fuel tank and the transfer pump on the injection pump? Then you don't need a screen in the banjo bolt. Many screens get thrown out, but they are a good backstop to prevent dirt from getting into the transfer pump valves, AS LONG AS you know where they are. I can't find a generic banjo bolt screen, "Banjo" is a brand of sprayer parts so searching for a banjo bolt screen brings up agricultural filter screens. I'd bet it's a generic screen that fits most of the Japanese fuel systems that use one, but I'd have to go into a specific model's parts catalog to find one.
In order to just buy a screen, your bolt has to be threaded on the inside… the screens are threaded on the outside..and screw into the b/b..
I just ran across them searching for something else and thought that was pretty kool.. & wouldn’t u know it, I can’t remember where I saw them.. Btw.. there’s 2 different types.. 1 is plastic and the other is brass.. Bosch uses the plastic and the others use brass..