I have a EX120-2 excavator that works for about 30 to 40 minutes before it blows / melts fuse F7. If I replace the fuse the machine works again for a while, usually about 30 minutes. I don't have a manual for the electrical layout for the machine so I don't know what fuse F7 controls. I had someone look at machine and suggested I replace the PVC controller. I pulled the controller out and checked over the circuit board, I don't see any damage or cold solder joints. A PVC controller is not cheap to replace, so purchasing one on the hopes it corrects the issue is a big gamble. I would greatly appreciated any input about a possible solution or steps to track down the problem. Thanks Bill
Id try calling a dealer to find out what that is for. My dealer will often fax me info from the manual free of charge. Good to develop a relationship with a good dealer. Just my 2 cents.
Im new here, nice site btw, maybe able to help i have a service manual for an EX-120-1 and EX100-3 but these are the closest i have to your machine, theyre in PDF format, email me [email protected] if you want a copy, cheers kingy
I wouldn't waste a lot of time on parts. Just call the dealer. My last electrical problem was about $500 service call and $24 in parts. I decided years ago that i don't know what i'm doing and i screw up more than i fix. Leave it alone and call the guys who know what their doing, then get back to work. To me its the cheapest way to go. good luck
king189 can I get a copy of those pdf files of the service manual for an EX-120-1 and EX100-3 you have ?Please email at [email protected] if you an those would be a big help.
Fuses 7 & 8 are the PVC power fuses. F7 should be a 1 amp fuse, if it is blowing it is either a wiring issue or more likely a problem with the PVC.
Thanks excavator Wiring hasn't been touched, so I will order a PVC. Replacing the fuses all the time is a pain in the butt. I use the machine for playing around on the weekends cleaning up fence lines and stone piles. Someone else that looked at the unit and thought the PVC need replacing too. With the price of the controller I like to get some other input on the matter. Thanks again.
I just took some time to check my 120-2 manual and yes F7 is PVC, F8 & 9 are actually solenoid power. Make sure you replace the fuse with a 1 amp fuse. F1,2,4,5,&7 are all 1 amp fuses powering the EC and PVC and switch panels. Considering the price of the EC and PVC you do not want to replace them with higher amp fuses. However, if you are just playing with it on weekends you might consider a circuit breaker, then you can have a short break every 30 minutes or so while the breaker resets itself.
you have one of the sensor problem. check all the sensor signal to the pvc. this should not exceed 4.75v. this will burnt the fuse if the voltage signal exceeds 4.75v.
Purchased a new PVC controller, fixed the fuse blowing problem. Guess the controller had issues has I have not blown a fuse since. Thanks to everyone that gave input.
excavator, do you have an electronic copy of your 120-2 manual? If so would it be possible to get a copy? If it is a hard copy, where were you able to get it? Thanks,