Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX130K-5 technicals differences from EX120-5

Sripola ยท 2011-08-03 09:37

Hi guys, Anyone know whats the difference between a 2000 year Hitachi EX130K-5 and a Hitachi EX120-5 apart from the weight? Are there many technical differences between the 2 especially hydraulics pumps, engines, electronics etc? Whats the main differences? Cheers Imran

Replies5
  1. #1cps2011-08-03 09:47

    To be short i dont think there is any differance at all, i think its differant model numbers for differant markets! I have the manuals for them and on the parts manual cover (on the self oppasite me now) it says EX120-5 EX130H-5! I'l have a look on the ex120-5 cd i have to see what it says! Aiden

  2. #2Sripola2011-08-03 11:27

    Thanks CPS, but what do you think are the differences between the H and K models? I would be grateful for you to did out. Also let ne know if you have parts catalogues and workshop manuals as I wouldn't mind paying you for a copy if you have any for Hitachi 120 -1,-2,-3,-5 mainly Cheers

  3. #3Kjell2011-08-03 13:04

    The Ex 130K-5 is a demolition version of the Ex 120-5. It does not have all reinforcements as the Ex 130h-5 have but it has a heavier counterweight,additional piping and maybee a window on the roof cheers

  4. #4cjplanthire2011-08-03 13:54

    They are the same machine just a different spec, k is demo spec, h normally means higher undercarraige chassis rails and extra weight in the rear, n means narrow undercarraige, the ex120/130_5 are the same as fir the ex200/210_5 the 210 normally has h or k after it but all parts are interchangeable, the only real difference that stands out may be the width of the track pads or the amount of links on the chains, same with ex60 and ex70 same machine just different specs for different countries. Hope that helps

  5. #5tool_king2011-08-03 20:09

    Sripola I have the manuals in pdf form for the dash 5 for service and parts and parts manauls for two and 3 machines .I will look to see what other manual I have for those machines .Send me your email address .Myemail is [email protected] THANKS ED