Hi there, I have been offered the chance to buy a hitachi ex135 year 2002. The machine has had one company own it from new and they are very particular and look after their equipment very well. The machine will of been regularly serviced and will of had any parts or attention it has ever needed and is in very clean and tidy condition with only ever having one or two careful drivers am never hired out as self drive. In the last 2 years it has had upwards of £7k spent on it in a pump recondition new undercarriage and a new twinlock quick hitch installed for new contract. The machine has done around 14k hours so my question is how woul you evaluate the hours against the knowledge that I know the machine has wanted for nothing and has been very well looked after and is only being replaced as the new contract warrants a new machine. Would the hours put you off buying it or would you disregard the hours as many main components have been reconditioned and the machine has been looked after by H&M Plant (main hitachi dealer) Any comments am thoughts would be welcomed Thanks Chris (Cardie)
I have seen daily working Hitachi excavators with well over 20k hours! Definitely in rough shape but still working!
Hi CDNDIESELMONKEY Thanks for your reply, yes I've heard the same and seen a few with high hours. Still in two minds
Without knowing its history you could still be up for costly maintenence. Control valve reseal, centre joints are common to bypass and make the machine walk in circles, Boom and arm pins and bushes
I would not worry if the price is reasonable.I work on these as a dealer tech. Machine maintained properly last well beyond 20,000 hrs.A reseal on center joint when needed in U.S. runs around 3,000 dollars.The engines maintained well I have seen 22,000 hrs without ever having head off.
Hi all, thanks for the replies. I do know the machine has been very well looked after by its current owners regular services and maintained to a very high standard. I suppose I just need to drive it and get a feel for the machine and how I like it when it comes off its current job. Cheers Cardie