Hi, looking at this aprox 2000ish excavator for a friend, having issues with step motor. He was having issues not shutting engine off with key. Then the step motor fuse blew. This was over weeks. It sat for a few months before I looked at it. I removed step motor, checked throttle cable is free, installed new motor. When key is turned on, step motor hums loudly and dose not move, even with throttle cable disconnected.it should usually cycle throttle to neutral, however nothing. Hums when key is turned off as if it tries to go to shut off. 4 pin plug to motor from machine tested with meter. Red n brown wires 24v constant. When key is turned on, voltage on other wires ramps to 2v, back to -2v, then 0v. This looks correct for start, but I just get humming. Plugged old step motor back on, also hums exactly the same as new motor. Something else is wrong, don't have wire diagram or manual. Tried learning switch I think in cab, only single pole switch, no different to motor. Engine will start and run, no throttle control, manual shut off. If anyone has a manual, I would appreciate it. Or ideas. Thanks in advance
Welcome to HEF davo ! Don't know if I can help with this issue, but check your messages for a bulletin that may apply.
Thankyou. Do you know where the controller is located? Also i have 2 switches in cab one at fuses behind seat, another at rhs lower consol.which one is the engine leaning?
Thankyou. I appreciate it
The manual shows the engine learning procedure as temporaily connecting a male and a female plug. Check your messages.
Thanks, I will check this
Hi, bit of progress today, tested power at step motor as per service bulletin, and have found one side of plug has no voltage drop. So the controller is faulty. Has anyone got a part number so I can chase one up? Just a chance. Thanks
The EX135UR parts catalog is a bit confusing, it lists 2 “controllers “. The MC (main controller) you are after I believe is mounted behind the seat. It has (3) large wiring harness connectors on it. Hopefully there is a part # on the controller. The other controller is for the anti collision safety system. It has (4) large wiring harness connectors on it.
Thanks mate, will have a look.
Hi guys, update. been awhile sourcing a new controller box. Installed and throttle is working again as it should. It was the MC box playing up. All wires checked, new step motor and finally it works. Engine runs. New problem.............. This excavator has a aftermarket Japanese depth control box fitted to it control for main boom. Now the machine is running, this unit is displaying a E on the screen. Have translated to English, no buttons have any effect. It is stopping me raising the main boom off the ground. Awesome... Cant find a reset button Is there some way I can reset it or disconnect it? I know nothing about depth control units, I guess it plugs into the wiring somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Almost there.
That system is factory. Generally a system issue should turn on the System abnormal lamp as well as activating the beeper. You can download a free copy of the Operators manual at the Deere bookstore , it explains the system setup , may help to get you going. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
Thanks Dave. Much appreciated. Your help before was also appreciated mate.
Check your messages.
Thanks. Will have another look at it tomorrow. Cheers
Message checked. Cheers