Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX150LC-5 or EX150-5

dsharp · 2018-01-05 09:58

I'm looking for a parts manual for a Hitachi EX150LC-5. I need to know which sensors are installed in the main hydraulic pump. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any words of advice on the EX150 (good or bad) I'd appreciate any information. A little about this machine. Just purchase, the computer has been bypassed but there isn't a way to adjust the throttle after it's running.

Replies15
  1. #1dsharp2018-03-13 09:26

    Can anyone assist with this please? Would greatly appreciate some information.

  2. #2tool_king2018-03-13 12:14

    dsharp What is your email address ? I can send you one .

  3. #3wilko2018-03-16 18:13

    Computer has been bypassed? How? Why?

  4. #4ycs2018-03-17 04:20

    computer has been bypassed? And no throttle adjustment after running? There should be hand pull cable like those mechanism for car handbrake.

  5. #5dsharp2018-04-11 14:48

    @wilko and @ycs - I apologize about the delay... I purchased the machine like it sits. The machine is out, previous owner stated the computer when out so it was removed. The machine will run and operate, but can't adjust throttle. No pull cable exist to adjust. I'm pretty certain the computer is what controls the throttle adjustment. I could really use some help on this machine... 1) locating the correct computer and sensors. I guess I'll start here.

  6. #6wilko2018-04-12 07:31

    From what I know of the EX120, I'll say that your machine has two computers. One runs the hydraulics, the other controls the engine. Both are behind the seat. They should be available from ebay or alibaba, although your best first move is probably to scout around and find a mechtician who is familiar with that year and model of machine (probably be an older guy) to look at the machine and tell you where to start.

  7. #7dsharp2018-04-13 09:44

    @wilko and @ycs or anyone else... Would you guys help me identify the part number for these 4 switches? The attached pictures are of the main hydraulic pump. For the life of me I can't find these part numbers. Your help would be appreciated. I found the OEM Controller. Just going to buy a new one for $599.

  8. #8Wytruckwrench2018-04-13 10:17

    If part of the conversion has been done, why not buy a $60.00 throttle cable and keep going? You could spend many $$$$ and still not have it working correctly.

  9. #9dsharp2018-04-13 10:49

    Great question! There hasn't been a conversation. The computer is just out of the machine. The person I picked it up from said he had someone come take a look at it, who told him the computer was bad. The machine will run without the computer but from what I read the hydraulic system doesn't fully put out (the needed pressures) even with a throttle adjustment. Not sure if this is true, just what I read in the service manual. I got a pretty good deal on the machine so dropping 1k on a computer and some switches i'm fine with. The computer is ordered and on its way, just need to locate the switches. I didn't realize the switches were bad until I got the machine... This could have been the cause of computer to malfunction, not sure. Assuming the computer and the switches don't work i'll do 1 of 2 things. 1) sell it 2) look for the conversion kit to fully bypass the computer.

  10. #10Wytruckwrench2018-04-14 10:18

    Keep us informed, I’m curious as to how it turns out.

  11. #11dsharp2018-04-16 09:05

    Most definitely will. And if anyone out there could help me locate the part number for the switches in the above post (pictures included), you'd make my day. Thanks guys

  12. #12dsharp2018-04-16 09:29

    I found diagram of the main pump listing the switch/sensor. I just can't locate a darn part number anywhere... It's #1 Pump Delivery Pressure Sensor (Pump 2), #5 Pump Delivery Pressure Sensor (Pump 1) and #12 PC Pressure Sensor (Pump 2).

  13. #13tool_king2018-04-16 21:30

    The first of the three pictures .The two sensors in the back on each side are AT175981 SENSOR .what is yours email ?

  14. #14tool_king2018-04-16 22:33

    The first of the three pictures .The two sensors in the back on each side are AT175981 SENSOR . Pump Delivery Pressure Sensor (Pump 1 and Pump 2) The sensor that is in the first pic on the the left facing you is called the PC Pressure Sensor (Pump 2) and the one on the right facing your is the PC Pressure Sensor (Pump 1) .Trying to find part numbers for you still

  15. #15dsharp2018-04-24 16:55

    Update! The machine is running PERFECT... Here is what I did/found. - New PC Controller (OEM Controller 4376708) - New Pump 1 Sensor (4332040) - New Pump 2 Sensor (4436271) * someone reached out to me and told me the same parts, excluding engine, are the same as the John Deere 160LC - Thanks @tool_king I also found that some of the fuses were bad, all were replaced. Additionally, I found a broken wire going to the EC/MC? Motor which controls the throttle. A few other checks, cleaning battery post, all connection, etc. The machine functioned as NORMAL! Thanks for everyone who reached out, it was much appreciated. I included a picture of the machine...