Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX200-2 hydraulics loading up

DAN LINDZ ยท 2014-10-13 22:39

Hi Guys I'm working on a EX200-2, the hydraulics load up when started and engine stalls when hydraulics are functioned. I've removed and cleaned pump stroke control valves. when coils are unplugged when running pump stays loaded up , I suspect swash plate in pump is jammed? I have removed angle sensor for testing, does anyone know if slot for angle sensor on pump sits horizontal to look at? with angle sensor removed the slot is on an angle , thus possibly confirming my theory of swash plate stuck? I'm a diesel mechanic but had little experience on these machines , any help would be appreciated!

Replies20
  1. #1mclean2014-10-14 22:20

    When I pull the position sensor out of my machine the slot is parallel with the engine almost perfectly flat..

  2. #2mclean2014-10-14 22:22

    Should have noted I have a 120-2

  3. #3DAN LINDZ2014-10-14 23:12

    Hi Mclean - thanks very much for that!! I suspected it should lie flat , oh well guess I'll pull the end off the pump and see if swash plate is jammed - will post my findings. thanks again

  4. #4spitzair2014-10-15 00:03

    Hi Dan! Don't do that just yet! It sounds like something electrical to me. The pumps will move to full stroke if the electrical control system malfunctions. What you need to do is have a look behind the operator's seat at the 2 computers there, and see if they have a light blinking inside them. They should be blinking once a second. if they aren't, take a look at your fuse box. Pay particular attention to fuse # 7, it is your Pump Valve Controller (PVC) fuse. If it is blown your machine will do exactly what you describe. Put another 1 amp AND NO BIGGER fuse in there and see if your computers are blinking again. If they are, give the machine a try. But having taken your angle sensor off you may have messed up it's calibration, they are set to a very precise angle with a computer diagnostic tool... If you need to move the machine, you can bypass the computer. This process will also show you that your swashplate is most likely not jammed. Take your allen wrench set to the back of the machine and undo the plate on the bottom of the pump that is held on with 4 allen bolts. Pull the plate straight down. On the plate you will see a pin. Rotate the plate 180 degrees and shove the pin back in there. If it won't go in, loosen off the small hydraulic line at the top of the pump, it should go in relatively easily... Torque up your 4 allen bolts. Your machine is now in bypass mode and will operate, but slowly... You'll be able to take it to somewhere you can work on it. Once you've done this report back and we'll see where to go next.

  5. #5DAN LINDZ2014-10-15 00:56

    Hi Spitzair - so when pump stroke coils are unplugged pump will be at full stroke?

  6. #6spitzair2014-10-15 19:45

    Yes. Also when the electrical part of the system stops working they will move to full stroke, hence your engine loading up and stalling the moment you move a control.

  7. #7joeblow2014-10-15 21:03

    Try swapping the two solenoids and see what happens.One solenoid strokes the pump and the other destrokes .To set the angle sensor (I believe the dot goes up) you can use a volt meter.Plug into the red/yellow wire with the positive lead and the black wire to the negative.Dis connect the two plugs going to the solenoids and wait about 5 minutes with machine at an idle.That should put the pump into full swash.With the two allen screws finger tight turn the angle sensor until you get 4.45DCVolts.on the volt meter.Tighten the bolts and recheck.you may have to fiddle with it to get the right voltage (thats how sensitive it is).Be carefull of the little spring clip that the angle sensor *** sits in ( the thing with the little dot on it) If you distort that little mother the machine will lope like a camel.Then you will have to buy a new clip. Hitachi made machines for Deere so if you are looking for parts that is another place to go. Hope that helps. Also check the wiring.Since that old thing is pushing 35 years old the wires get pretty brittle.

  8. #8DAN LINDZ2014-10-18 03:52

    Thanks for angle sensor info joeblow - tried swapping solenoids around and made no difference , one coil has no resistance so suspect it is faulty. cant seem to buy coils separate , only complete solenoid valves at a hefty price! wanted to fully check all components before ordering a solenoid valve. feel there is more than one problem with this old girl

  9. #9DAN LINDZ2014-10-18 03:55

    thanks mate

  10. #10daddieboy2015-08-06 11:02

    Hello guys I was able to get the ex200-2 to raise its lazy head but I have a slow retracting boom and arm cylinders I can feel a pressure on the joystick while engaging these two operation they are not smooth and after about quarter of an hour I realise the temperature gauge is rising and the hydraulic pump area is hot like fire. what could be causing the slow retracting cylinders and the over heating.

  11. #11daddieboy2015-11-03 16:11

    Hello guys I finally solved the problem with what was causing the slow boom and arm retraction. While I was cleaning the valve bank in the installation process my workman and I had different opinions on where the spools on the four side was going base on the dismantled process so I when his way which turn out to be the wrong way. I finally got up one morning and decided to change it and whala it work in other words the spools wasn't in the correct positions. I seeking help in an Engine manual for the Hitachi ex200-2 machine, 1990-1993 serial no: 147-65789, any help will very appreciated.

  12. #12spitzair2015-11-08 20:37

    Hello adaddieboy, There is a ton of engine information at the end of this manual... http://www.mediafire.com/view/pielv9d9cw49k92/EX200-2_Technical . Hope this helps.

  13. #13daddieboy2015-11-09 05:52

    Hello once again and thanks for the information Spitzair

  14. #14daddieboy2015-12-02 19:06

    Hello Spitzair I recently was clearing and area when I started to get rough movement with my boom and arm so I decided to change and reset the angle sensor. I have gold color plated one which came with the machine and the other a silver plated I bought from China. I just cant seem to get 4.40 volts when locating the dot to the label and away from the harness. The correct voltage is only achieved when the dot is facing towards the harness and as soon as you start the machine you can hear that something is wrong. Sometimes while setting the angle sensor with the correct procedure I get a reading range like 2.34v upwards to 4.12v and at times I get .35v upwards .57v. Now with these unstable reading does this mean that my angle sensor is bad. My EX200-2 can do all functions base on where you locate the angle sensor it just not doing the functions smoothly and will hear a noise coming from the valve bank.

  15. #15spitzair2015-12-03 23:59

    Hello Daddieboy, I really wish I could help you with this but I don't know the answer here, when I repaired my machine the angle sensor was working correctly, all I had to do was plug the new wiring harness in and everything worked, I never did have to adjust it. I'm sure somebody here will know what to do, sorry I can't help you with this one...

  16. #16danaocity2015-12-07 04:42

    Hi daddieboy I have exactly same problem with the A sensor. What I did I use angle grinder and make a notch so that it can permanently hold the A sensor with a reading 4.41V. How could I know if my P sensor is good? Also I have to deal with the engine cause If I turn it off the water in the radiator shoot up to the air. May be I have to change the head gasket.

  17. #17auy_tong22015-12-08 10:41

    I can fix your machine.. contact me..

  18. #18daddieboy2015-12-08 14:14

    Hey Danaocity thanks for the infro. Now the location where I am getting 4.40 volts from the angle sensor can't bolt up even if I try what you did the slot is in space that how far I have to turn it. Now concerning your P sensor I have a electrical system repair guide that will show you hoe to test these things please send me your email address and you can have a copy.

  19. #19Godwin Shoko2024-03-04 01:07

    Anyone who can with the operating pressures of an HPV091DW main hydraulic pump on an excavator Hitachi ex200-2

  20. #20Godwin Shoko2024-03-04 01:10

    Assist**