Hello I am looking for some information. My machine have an optional part install on it The parts manual have it listed as a rotary valve part no: 4282545 under the heading Mult lever piping. Could anyone help me with some information on that system. To me just by looking at it, seem to be functioning like a junction box with a lever that could be turn but so far my own seem to be stuck. My machine is functioning great. I just want to fully know about my machine because its me and one of my workman that do all the repairs on our EX200-2. Please any help will be highly appreciated.
It sounds to me like a control pattern changer. Is it shaped like a barrel or cylinder with hose connections on the side and a handle on the top? A photo would nail down what it is.
Hello John thanks for the quick response. Yes if that is call a pattern changer, how does it work and why I cant move the lever around. I notice that it have some letters that seem to be mark for different position. Here is what it look like.
That is a pattern changer. That style is usually only installed in machines that were sold in Asia and was never intended for the United States. If you remove the wing nut bolt from the handle you should be able to move the handle to a different position. It changes what the joy stick controls in the cab do. In Asia the swing function was usually on the left side and moving the control forward or backward. It was also common over there to put the bucket control on the left and moving the control side to side. Other areas of the world wanted something different so someone over there came up with this idea. The pattern changers in this country are only two position. The unit in the photo is four position.
Once again thanks John, I could remember when I just got that machine the operator told me that the joystick were wrong so we made the changes to the lines below the joystick so my left joystick now controls swing and arm and the right controls the boom and bucket. Now do you have any idea why that lever isn't moving.
Hi , Like John said to move the lever first you need to unscrew the wingnut(red arrow).
Hello Ronsii, yes I have donr that many times but the lever just dont want to move could their be a problem with the internal parts. As I have mentioned earlier the machine works fine I am the one that repair my machine and will like to know fully how everything work
I'm thinking a 16" pipe wrench.
Yes I thought about that but I was wondering if there is anything in there that could get broken while trying to free it up with that wrench. So before I try that method could anyone try and explain the internal mechanism of the changer I really dont want to create any problem.
if it works leave it alone why create problems forget about it
You might try turning on the key switch and without starting the engine, play with the joysticks to open all the solenoid valves and reveilve the pressure from the system, then try to turn that lever. Doing that, once the wing bolt is removed, it should turn fairly effortlessly.
I will certainly try your method knightgang before I do anything further.
why are you still try to move it??? is it not running fine??? go ahead and break it off and be in a world of hurt for no reason... we plumb thru those to give the right control pattern over here if you do get it to move nothing will work right as its been modified to work in north America .as I said before leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it's not broke don't fix it
that's what ive been trying to tell him I don't understand why these guys want him to break it for no reason???
Hey guys I have decided to leave this pattern changer alone and concentrate on some design work I have to do, so first thanks for the information that was given and secondly the advice. So guys all the best and until another topic comes up
Probably a really good idea. Good luck with the machine.