Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX200-5

Caiwu ยท 2009-11-29 06:38

Greetings from China!..I am new to this website and learning to repair excavators.Can you tell me when I diagnose Hitachi EX200-5 hydraulic system.Need I use scan tool to diagnose electric issue or the code can be read manually?Thank you.

Replies5
  1. #1willie592009-11-29 10:26

    Welcome to the forum Caiwu. :usa You must be referring to troubleshooting issues with the ECU units on the machine. I don't know if a scan tool is required myself, maybe -3doc or Chris5500 can answer your question. What kind of problem are you having?

  2. #2-3Doc2009-11-29 19:57

    You do need to use a scan tool to read the problems from the computer, what issues are you having? There are simple tests you can do on some sensors and resistance tests for coils. But I need to know what your problem is to help!

  3. #3Caiwu2009-12-01 03:08

    After the excavator working for 4-5 hours.One side track run slower and the excavators run to one side. Have tested the drive motors.no problem.Thank you for your help.

  4. #4-3Doc2009-12-01 10:23

    How many Hrs. on the machine? Have you done a case drain test on the rotary manifold? If the seals are starting to fail on the rotary manifold it will work fine when cold and oil is thick then when warmed up the oil is thinner and starts to bypass the seals causing the machine to track to one side. Are there any other problems when warm or just the travel?:canada

  5. #5Caiwu2009-12-23 22:45

    Thank you -3Doc,This seal is good.This is a 1995 model.Can you give opinion?Thank you very much.