Hi guys I am trying to pick up the pieces on a pump repair. We have a problem with stalling the engine when we try lift to boom. Swing. Or track. The rpm of the motor increases only when we track or operate the bucket. Its like the engine is being loaded by the pump yet nothing is being used on the excavator. The minute you try operate the functions it stalls I have checked the relief valves. The other problem the electrics on the excavator have been disconnected. It was working like this and then started getting slower, so they took pump off and had it repaired and didnt have it tested all new internals new pilot pump. Please assist.
Good day Steve From what we can establish the fact that the electrics are out may well be the root of your problem, we suggest you fix these first before splitting the pump. Regards Uffex
The electrics were disconnected in china and arrived working from what I am told.
Hi Steve Is your machine a 200-1,2,3 or 5?
Yes I agree. With no electric the pilot pressure will take the pump to full stroke which will almost kill the engine.You can put it in limp mode by roating the 4 bolt plate on the bottom of the pump ,it will be slow but at least it will dig.
Had this problem on a JD 490E (which is a Hitachi) the circuit board in the computer for the hydraulic system was bad. Replaced this computer and it has ran fine since. I worked on this machine after 4 John Deere dealerships had given up on it. Believe me when I tell you it is cheaper to replace the computer than have a dealership work on it, he paid just over $6600.00 and they didn't accomplish a single thing. Shopguy knows what he is talking about, this is what your machine is doing (Pump is at full stroke). Electrical has to be fixed.
ok thanks guys i am back there tomorrow computer box was disconnected by the previous operator so i will start there. how will i determine weather sensors are faulty. they have a manual accelerator on the unit.
so swap around the pilt pressure supply rom the top of the pump to the bottom to prevent the swash from going full stroke.
It is 200-2
Plugged in to computer box lights came on the display panel then off again not to come on again I have removed it to have it looked at checked all the fuses they were fine any other ideas.
Before you spend too much money, there is a kit to bypass the pvc controller, pump solenoids, angle sensor, dp sensor and pump pressure switch. I have fitted them to a few Ex 120-2 machines which is very successful, similar kit for 200. I pay about 1900 euro for kit. You can then sell your second hand solenoids and sensors as they are no longer needed.
Had the same prob on a 200-3, pilot controls had a slight leak that traveled down the wire harness and found its way into the cracked/dry wire insulation and was causing a short. Learned this AFTER a pump rebuild...............
SK120, I would like to see any information available on these kits, who sells them ect. Thanks.
There is something that you can physically do to check the computer. I took the one we were having trouble with a part and the board had a burned spot on it. If it has a physically condition than you can bet on it that it is junk. A computer can still be bad with no physical sign, but it won't hurt to examine it any way.
Where abouts can I get a kit from can you organize it for me or give info on it please. The computer box was opened yesterday and it was rusty in side. I was told they are rubbish machines a lot have been converted in rsa also.
I buy kit from a company in ireland called O Meara parts. You can look them up at www.omearaparts.ie , or email [email protected] . Ask Damien about kit, tell him you were talking to Ray and he will sort you out. He also supplies fitting instructions with kit.
Thanks buddy