Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kobelco 150 mark iv

adigger ยท 2013-01-26 09:25

I have a 150 mark iv that is makeing a noise in the track drive when its in mud ,It almost sounds like a spline jumping .WE put the bucket on the track giving it a little pressure and power the track you can hear it but sprocket doesn't turn .It move fine normally you would not know anythings wrong.I have never been into a drive but we do most of our own work.Can anybody give me an idea how bad and expensive this fix might be.Is there a coupler between the hydraulic motor and the final drive that could be getting tired?

Replies4
  1. #1uffex2013-01-26 10:06

    Good day Sir We suggest that for a starting point drain and inspect the lube oil, if the drive is broken it will normally show up, test the crawler drive pressure by plugging the main lines. Drain some of the case drain from the motor if this has broken there will be some witness marks in the case lube. Regards Uffex

  2. #2grandkobelco2013-01-27 13:08

    Yes there is a short shaft between thy hyd motor and the final drive that can go bad and you can hear it spinning in the housing. I'v changed a few of these it's not to bad of a job, (I work for a dealer). The worst part of the job is disconecting the steel drive lines and getting them out of the way to remove the hyd motor, if you work slow and pay attention to parts line up, brake disks, and piston reasembly hi speed travel piston you can be ok.

  3. #3grandkobelco2013-01-28 06:00

    I'v been thinking a little more on your problem ,if you remove the outer cover you can pull out your sun gear and inspect the splines behind that is a coupler that can also be bad. If you have to remove the coupler you have to remove the planatary set, these gears are timed to the ring gear for reinstalletion. If the coupler is spun you have to pull the hyd motor.

  4. #4adigger2013-01-29 13:39

    Thank you for your ideas I think we will be looking at it soon while we wait for other parts.