After 8 years of operating my EX200-2 using electronic pump control and replacing many sensors, solenoid valves and a PVC I decided to install a conversion kit to convert to hydraulic pump control after I running into a problem I could not troubleshoot. I benefited from several posts on this site and a couple YouTube videos to install the conversion kit with minimal problems. Before I installed the kit, the PVC was not properly controlling the solenoid valves producing the black smoke that we all know so well. After changing out all the normal suspects (Pump Solenoid valves, DP sensor, A-sensor, etc.) and checking wiring harness I couldn't identify the problem. I was able to drive the machine home to the shop by physically de-stroking the pump every 100 yards or so by manually grounding the input from computer to the pump de-stroking solenoid valve. Every digging and travel function was working OK before I installed the conversion kit. After installing the kit, every digging and travel function except the Arm is working surprisingly well. The Arm moves extremely slow. Would take minutes to fully raise it. The Arm works extremely slow in solo or in combinations with all other functions in every digging mode. My question is: Does this sound like an unrelated hydraulic problem since everything else seems to work great, or is this due to the Conversion Kit install. I'm fairly certain that I have the kit installed correctly and the only wires to PVC I've disconnected are to the pump displacement solenoid valves. I've spent days reading my EX200 technical manuals trying to determine what unrelated hydraulic problem would cause only the Arm to work extremely slow. Having been an Electrical Engineer in my previous life I could troubleshoot the reoccurring electrical problems with the EX200, but I'm not good on hydraulic circuit troubleshooting. There are so many valves in the hydraulic circuit that the troubleshooting diagrams recommend removing, inspecting and cleaning. I'm going to start with the Arm Proportional Solenoid Valve, but any help and recommendations would be much appreciated.
For those who may read this thread later, I got the Arm function working and actually used the EX200 for about an hour yesterday. The Arm works with the electrical connector to the Arm Proportional Solenoid valve disconnected. The signal from the PVC is 24V with the key switch on like the rest of the Proportional Solenoid valves and the Valve itself checkouts OK resistance wise (27 ohm). I don't know why the PVC is commanding the wrong signal to the Arm Proportional Solenoid Valve. But, I also could not determine why the PVC quit sending the correct signals to the Pump Solenoid Valves before the Conversion Kit Installation. After checking out wiring harness and various sensors, I suspected the PVC, but the Red LED was flashing normally. So, I gambled with the Conversion kit install instead of replacing the PVC again. I don't know how long this will last, but in General Purpose Digging mode the machine is operating OK. It seems to be supplying HYD oil to all circuits adequately in this mode. Before installing the kit and troubleshooting the Arm problem I was under the impression that the PVC was not needed after installing the Pump Conversion Kit, but that is obviously not the case. The kit does remove the PVC from controlling the pump swash plate angle better than I thought it would on an EX200-2, but the wiring diagram shows that PVC is still needed to control the Proportional Solenoid Valves and some other functions. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this because I've never heard anybody discuss this in any of the Forum threads and conversations on installing a pump conversion kit. I purchased my kit from SINOCMP and the instructions were adequate after reading several threads and watching two YouTube videos by Doc Jepo in Philippines ( and ). I can send my instructions to anyone who needs them and will be glad to discuss the conversion with anyone considering this install.
Based on your experience Would you recommend trying to fix the electronics or just biting the bullet and doing the conversion?
hey! Did you replace the spring in the main control valve block? What did you do for that part? The one line from the valve block to the conversion kit. Thanks!
Доброго времени суток коллеги! Hitachi ex200-2 не работает подача насоса, соленоиды исправны, на замыкание цепи подача меняется, скорей всего нет сигнала с контроллера. Не подскажите, какое напряжение должны выдавать датчики давления и оборотов двигателя? Датчик наклона 4,6 показывает при полном подаче.
Speak in English
Добрый день, коллеги! Не работает питание насоса Hitachi ex200-2, соленоиды исправны, питание меняется при замыкании цепи. Скорее всего, нет сигнала от контроллера. Подскажите, пожалуйста, какое напряжение должны выдавать датчики давления и скорости двигателя? Наклон датчика 4,6° показывает полное питание.