Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX200LC-3 Idle Down Question

stooky ยท 2010-10-03 01:11

Normally my Hitachi EX200LC-3 will idle down if inactive. If you use a stick or pedal, it will rev up to the current setting of the throttle control (I,L,E,P). It has been intermittent. Today it would not idle down and just stayed at the speed it was set at. What component controls the "idle down" action? I'm trying to find a service manual. Thanks for any help. -=c=-

Replies19
  1. #1cutting edge2010-10-06 00:16

    button just below the ILEP and to the left,,,,auto idle button,has a picture of a piston,con rod and crankshaft on it (kinda)....when its on a green led will light up on the right side of the same switch panel

  2. #2stooky2010-10-06 01:32

    I tried those buttons, but I bet I didn't wait long enough. I sure hope I can find myself a manual. Thanks for the post and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. -=c=-

  3. #3excavator2010-10-06 11:53

    Go to johndeeretechinfo.com, along with the Deere they also sell the Hitachi manuals. They are available printed, CD, DVD or download. Also, there are lots of different ones on E-Bay.

  4. #4stooky2010-10-07 01:02

    Worked perfectly. Thanks Cutting Edge. -=c=-

  5. #5stooky2010-10-07 01:30

    Thanks Excavator! Awesome site. Now I just have to figure out what manuals I need. My serial number is different than the ones listed (maybe because it was originally sold in Canada?). Thanks again. -=c=-

  6. #6cutting edge2010-10-07 08:38

    The serial numbers in Canada and the US should use the same prefixes (ie. 14Hxxxxxxxxxx) while grey market units will be different (ie 1h1xxxxxxxxx) A quick call to any hitachi or deere partsman should help you figure this out and what range of manuals you need

  7. #7stooky2010-10-07 08:55

    Thanks again. I signed up for an account at the johndeeretechinco.com website and you can submit help questions. I sent in all the info on my machine so I should get an answer back.

  8. #8excavator2010-10-07 20:32

    I don't think there's much difference between the US version and a grey market Hitachi EX200-3. I've heard dealers say the electronics ect were different but my Dr Ex works on either one and I don't ever recall having a problem getting parts for the grey market machine. Deere does not sell any manuals for grey market machines but in your case I think any manual they sell will work just fine.

  9. #9Flemings Equipm2010-10-08 14:15

    That's not exactly true Gray Market machines have different main and cab harness' and the computers or the PVC and EC are quite different. Gray market machines tend to more often than not have a single PVC EC in one peice where as a North American machine will have one of each stacked on top of each other and they comunicate back and forth with the red lights indicating that that is happening, that is not to say that a gray market machine won't have 2 computers but this is when the part numbers are most important. Although you Dr. EX will still display the information, when ordering computers or harness's you MUST go by the serial number and if at all possible a part number on the piece itself. The dash 2 and dash 3 Hitachis have terrible electrical issues especially when the exhaust gets a hole and blows down in the pump area. I would suggest using much caution when doing electrical repair work on anything gray market. You wouldn't want to pop a $2,000.00 computer because it was the wrong one and yes I have seen it happen.

  10. #10KenAl2010-10-10 21:41

    You most likely have an intermittent pressure switch problem. When it happens again try all the functions to see if one or more will idle it up but some won't.

  11. #11stooky2010-10-13 02:59

    Cutting Edge was right...that worked. I picked up my manual thanks to Cutting Edge. I am all set!!

  12. #12aljecaro2010-11-22 18:10

    I have a 1996 200 lc5 that will not kick down to idle, even with the ai button on! the computer blinks consistantly, the accelerator knob works fine, just will not return to idle!!!

  13. #13RobVG2010-11-22 20:45

    Could be the throttle control. There's a thread somewhere here on HEF. I'll try to find it. Luckily they now sell just the switch instead of the whole harness.

  14. #14Flemings Equipm2010-11-23 12:21

    Could be a seized throttle cable or a worn throttle motor. Disconect the cable from the motor and check that the cable moves free. The bearings in those throttle motors do give greif from time to time as well, you will hear it if thats the case (almost make a crunching sound when the key is turned on or off) if that's the case you will have to replace the throttle motor itself. Good luck

  15. #15cutting edge2010-11-24 08:57

    S ounds like a failed pressure switch either on the swing motor or in the travel circuit And if it were an EC motor cable,you can buy just a new cable,not a new motor assy.

  16. #1601440X2010-11-24 19:57

    How can you test them?

  17. #17Boiled Owl2010-11-25 09:50

    I don't know if Hitachi is similar to Cat for the auto idle. When I bought the 320B, the auto idle wouldn't work properly. If you idled it with the joystick switch, it would go up to the set RPM when hydraulic flow was sensed, but word not return to idle when hydraulic flow was stopped. While trying to diagnose my throttle actuator, LEE-ONLINE suggested I check the speed sensor on the flywheel. Sure enough it was bad. When I replaced it, the auto-idle function works. Though the actuator is still giving fits!

  18. #1801440X2010-11-27 18:19

    I have a 1997 Hitachi 200-5 and the previous owner took the control motor off and put a manual throttle on because he didn't like the electronics. So 3 years later I am sick of the hand throttle and bought a new controller (never thought at the time to get the old one from the owner) and bought a throttle cable. So I put the new parts on and the control motor makes a noise but the shaft doesn't move at all. Any thought?.....

  19. #19FWD2010-11-27 18:41

    I have an EX-120-1. It would not throttle up on the dig or swing functions, but would throttle up on the travel function. There were two pressure switches, one was bad, changed it out, works fine after that. FWD