Hitachi EX220_3. Smokes black loss of controls clean screen fuel tank and all new fuel lines. It will work fine for up to about an hour and then smokes black swing,up, dig.
First I would check the air filter. I had this happen once before. Was running fine then no power, black smoke. It was the air filter.
Thanks I’ll try that they are fairly new but I’ll try about anything, I know this haas been posted several times but I have not seen a sure fix that I have not already tried but I’m willing to try about anything when it works it works great but t(is issue starts it’s over.
black smoke? engine having a hard time? load? could be a electrical problem ecu sensors
After cleaning the tank, new filters, new lines, and checking all fittings for screens (like in the banjo bolts), I’d be pulling the injectors and having them tested. That’s usually where I see the issue when the machine loses power like this and the rest of the fuel system checks out.
It could also be the turbo seizing up causing overfueling. Could also be injectors, but more likely something that is global than an individual cylinder. As auy_ton g2 mentioned, could be a sensor or ecu problem.
How do i check ECU, is it possible to work so good and all of the sudden (bam) just as well take a break cause its done could it be an overheating issue?
Please provide complete serial number for more accurate diagnostics.