Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX220-3 Oil Cooler Leak – Aftermarket Ideas?

toddwesson99 · 2013-12-24 14:18

Hello Group, I have a 1997 Hitachi ex220-3 with 6800 hours. The oil cooler has several pin hole leaks. The cheapest replacement i could find was $2,500 from http://www.ritecool.com/HITACHI.html . Does anyone know of any source of some type of aftermarket cooler? It would have to be fairly large. The current one is about 40" by 30". I am a new farmer and hope to find a way to avoid spending so much. Anyone ever sourced one from China? Any help would be great. Todd W.

Replies7
  1. #1excavator2013-12-24 18:34

    Check with Brikers in Surrey, British Columbia. I would bet they would have a used one. Actually, $2500.00 for a new one isn't a bad price.

  2. #2scottish2013-12-25 09:20

    These guys might ship; http://www.westcoolirl.com They built one for my EX200 for €650 Euro and shipped to Scotland pretty cheaply Good luck

  3. #3toddwesson992013-12-25 10:44

    Thanks for the info. I have a quote from China for $550 and $370 ups shipping. Not sure of the quality and the shipping quote seems too low for sending something that is 120 lbs.

  4. #4wilko2013-12-25 23:26

    I used a generic on my 120. Had to fab some mounts and plumbing, but I thought that $300 vs $1500 justified a half day of fitting work.

  5. #5finaldrive2013-12-27 10:28

    Be careful! I've bought several samples from China and they are always manufactured incorrectly. Porting incorrect, mounting tabs incorrect...the ones that would mount leaked immediately.

  6. #6owmamech2013-12-28 12:27

    $2500 isn't bad for a cooler, I just got one this week from John Deere and it was $3291.00 plus freight. I couldn't find anyone that had one in stock.

  7. #7ValleyFirewood2013-12-28 22:33

    Are this coolers gold played and diamond excrusted?!