Merry Christmas everyone from Australia where it is very hot and sunny today.I am hoping some one can point me in the right direction or give me any handy tips on this. I was pumping grease in the right hand side track to adjust the tension it was tightening up nicely and was just about the required measurement when the grease gun got very hard then pushed all the way through and got very easy as this happened the track slackened and now will not move when I pump in grease and the grease just disappears. The machine is a 25 T Kato with 7900 hrs on it purchased from one owner who looked after it, I have only had the machine about 3 months but worked it very hard nearly every day in thick clay and mud pushing over big Trees. From asking around I think I may have blown the seal in the Idler ram, when I look in there I see the Idler and the massive spring. Is the Idler and spring just sitting in there as I will have to pull them out to get to the ram to replace the seal. Is there any threads on here about it? Thanks in advance.
A pic of the machine with the Wife operating it.
Good day Orlando Here is some information their is plenty more on the web site excatech.com its free pay it a visit. Kind regards uffex
Hello, if it's like a komatsu you will need to remove the grease fitting you pump track up with, then after disconnecting track the idler adjuster and all will come out as a unit and you can replace seals, I've had to rig up porta power to grease valve after units out before to push apart not saying yours won't come out fine just saying....if you don't take out grease fitting before you remove assembly you'll break it...that's from personal experience :cussing
Thank you for the reply Nelsonequip I appreciate it. Do you mean just screw out the grease nipple (Zert) so it does not break off while pulling it out or something else?
Thank you Uffex for the detailed diagram, I am going out to have a go soon and this will be super helpful
Yes just screw it out. I have forgot to do this twise and you will break it off every time. Should be just on seal in there if you can any hydraulic shop can match it up for a third price of oem and the same thing.Also make sure when putting assembly back in track frame the grease fitting hole is on the right side pointed to the outside of track frame !
One seal........damn auto correct
Thanks heaps Nelsonquip it makes sense to pull the fitting out or it could break on the steel frame when sliding it out. Is there any other washers or fittings in there I should know about or just the Idler the big spring and then the ram with the grease nipple
Also Nelsonquip does it make sense to pull the idler out with the bucket and a sling ?
Should'nt be any other fitting that i know of....if you use hoe bucket you will need to block track frame up a little and two people will be handy so someone can guide it out etc. there is a picture of a assembly out of hoe @ nelsoner.com
Great website Nelsonquip I enjoyed having a look around it. It seems for some strange reason the Kato Idler ram is more difficult to get at, I pulled the Idler and big spring part of the way out and the Idler ram which just looked like a big bottle jack stayed put, under more investigation it looks to be bolted in through the back which is going to be a real pain to get at as the big main roller and square frame will have to be removed first before I can get to the bolts holding the damn thing in.
Got it out in about 2 hrs of mucking about, the inch bolts were in a very hard spot to get but I did it. Took the whole ram up to a friends who is an engineer he is replacing the blown seal then fun and games putting it back in.
We got her all back together with not much trouble really. My friend the engineer who works on loaders and excavators for a living welded an inch extension on the ram just to give a little bit more extension with out having to take a link out, I am happy to say it works a treat and the machine is back working at its best.
Glad to here you got her back together :beerchug Mike
Thank you Mike and thanks for all the handy tips, the mechanic said you would definitely break the nipple pulling it out so I saved some bucks there with that tip .