Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex270-5 hydraulic problems

truecountry ยท 2015-06-10 20:54

Runs good cold and starts to lose power as it gets hot ...It makes a buzzing clicking type noise at pump ..changed filters and drained hydraulic fluid and added new aw46 same thing Any one had this problem

Replies7
  1. #1Mud Logger2015-06-11 16:26

    Hi truecountry, How many hours on it? For summer heat and high heat we run Hyd 68 which is a 20 wt. Hyd 32 is 10 wt for winter or cold weather. Hyd 46 is 15 wt for spring or fall. Our old Hit 200-2 makes a clicking noise at the pump too. Theres about 7500 hours on it. Its slower and less power than when new. But still operates good. Old school mechanic always said when it sounds like theres marbles in the pump, it could use a looksee.

  2. #2CDNDIESELMONKEY2015-06-11 17:59

    Did you remove the suction screen? Its usually the opposite symptoms though with noise and poor power at start up. However still worth investigating.

  3. #3John C.2015-06-11 20:58

    I've seen it on one machine. We drained the oil and pulled the end cases off the pumps and found the valve plates all chewed up. It was an expensive fix.

  4. #4truecountry2015-06-15 21:01

    Thanks ill try this Its 3rd pump in 4 years hours are 12000 +

  5. #5truecountry2015-06-15 21:03

    Ill also take a look see on suction screen

  6. #6truecountry2015-06-15 21:10

    This is the 3rd pump ...I haven't changed any im new there just a 1 year now all this was replaced before I got there I did change filter in tank and filter at pilot Ran it today for 45 mins and it lost power and both tracks were slowwwwwwwwwwww I mean lost power bad I shut it off temps where 180s to 190s on main pumps and cylinders where 140s Doesn't sound like marbles like a buzz or air lock swing hoses will vibrate

  7. #7Crossy2015-06-19 08:11

    May be suction hose internally collapsing causing lack of flow increasing heat and vibe check main and pilot pressures will look up pressures in morning main relief valve might be cracking off early