Won't start engine turns over. No error message in auto mode in manual mode it brings up er13 Can someone tell me how to put it in service mode so I can check for errors also does anyone have a code breakdown for these things? Please help its a mates machine he's already had volvo out and that didn't bring the right software with them bit still charged him $600 call out thanks
Update its starts and runs with either and I found a dud 60amp relay bolted to the fuel tank I think it might be for the glow plug any idea's?
Good day fergalohara Error 13 refers to the ECU data link, this may come up when you are in manual mode,if the engine fails to smoke when it is cranked this may indicate a fuel issue. Water in the fuel can prove expensive. If you take a look at the four injection pumps depending which model of engine you may find a small cover. Remove this cover and you see the common rack, use a screwdriver and push the rack over it known to stick. If you need illustration you can reach us at excatech.esy.es Kind regards Uffex
Thanks but I'm pretty sure it isn't a fuel problem as it runs fine when I start it with either
View attachment Sydney EC140B.pdf Good day Fergalohara missed part of your question please see attached.No service mode exists on the 140B. Kind regards Uffex
thanks uffex got it sorted it was that relay
Sorry to bother you again but it won't start again now its bringing up er13 in both manual and auto mode any ideas?
Good day I must say I was rather surprised that the relay was the fault - Error 13 refers to cable bus error - you have two cables twisted together that joins the Engine ECU to the VECU, what this is telling us that there is a break down in transmission of data. This however is rarely as simple as a cable connection, if either ECU quits it can raise this error. Eliminating the VECU is not so difficult in fact you have done that by selecting manual mode this leaves us with the engine ECU that one behind the cabin. lets start at the beginning of the process, as you indicate the motor cranks any smoke from the stack ? if not force the rack open and see if this solves the starting issue. It may be much easier that you contact me direct via the forum leave your email address I will send you some information that i hope will help. Kind regards Uffex