Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex300lc-3c hydraulic pump removal

mr.kdk ยท 2016-07-16 21:45

Hi, I am trying separate the hydraulic pumps from the transfer/gear case on a hitachi EX300LC-3C. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to separate the pumps from the gear housing, they where siliconed on. I removed the entire transfer case and pumps all in one unit.

Replies6
  1. #1mr.kdk2016-07-17 08:50

    I am also wondering since I have the pumps and transfer case off if I can replace the re main seal on the Izusu 6sd1 without removing the rear case on the engine.

  2. #2John C.2016-07-17 12:01

    In my experience the silicone just has a grip on the flanges. I used to put a piece of wood on the back of the pump as a soft piece and then tap on it with a heavy hammer. The machines I've worked on the rear main seal was visible and could be pried out. I always installed a speedy sleeve and reinstalled the new seal. You will need to check the parts books though because some engines used a composite seal where the speedy sleeve and the seal has to be installed as one part with a special driver.

  3. #3mr.kdk2016-07-17 13:34

    I did get the pumps separated. My parts book shows a speedy sleeve and seal. So, after removing the flywheel I should be able to see the seal, correct? Thanks

  4. #4John C.2016-07-17 15:29

    Correct

  5. #5mr.kdk2016-07-17 22:07

    Any recommendations on a reputable hydraulic pump repair company for the hpv145 pumps?

  6. #6John C.2016-07-17 22:18

    Haven't had to deal with that in years. I usually open the things up and see what is wrong. You can replace parts and lap the end plates in OK. If there is piston and barrel damage I usually just bought a new pump.