I pulled both hitachi HPV145d hydraulic pumps on a EX300Lc-3C because I was getting, what I believe, hydraulic oil coming out of the transmission fill tube. My question is would you recommend sending the units out or try and repair them myself? If you send out then who do you recommend. Thanks
I've used Robeck in Ohio on several different pumps with nary a complaint, might give them a call: 330-562-1140
I see that you are from Oregon. You have sent your pumps all the way to Ohio?
No, I have an associate in Ohio I work with supporting the machines I manufacture and those I sell parts and upgrades for in that area. I also send any Rexroth hydraulic motors I buy out of Europe there for modification and testing before they get installed. Locally I use Premier Hydraulics in Tualatin (two-allah-tin) Oregon, or for excavator pumps and valves sometimes Hydraulic Repair and Design up in Puyallup, Washington. (Pew-all-up)
Would you recommend robeck over Hydraulic repair and design. I was going to send the pumps to them?
I would at least give Robeck a call first, if it's one of the pumps they are familiar with it would probably save you some time and money. Talk to Chuck Cooper if he's available.