Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex300lc-3c izusu engine injector removal?

mr.kdk ยท 2013-09-05 18:35

Hi, can anyone give me some hints on removing the injectors from a 1996 Hitachi EX300LC-3c with an izusu engine? Each injector has two nuts holding it down. I have tried prying on it, soaking it with kroil oil, etc. and they do not seem to budge. I have attached a pic of one. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1peter diesel2013-09-05 19:38

    I take a nut off of another inj line and weld it to a slide hammer and remove it that way...

  2. #2mr.kdk2013-09-05 20:36

    Are you talking about the top nut that the return line bolts too? By attaching to this wouldn't it just pull the internals out of the housing?Thanks

  3. #3thepumpguysc2013-09-06 07:35

    Have you tried to use engine compression to "pop" them out.

  4. #4Plant Fitter2013-09-06 07:58

    If you try this trick, loosen the nuts and but perhaps leave them on the ends of the studs, so that if they do loosen they don't "pop" out faster than you want..............

  5. #5mr.kdk2013-09-06 08:51

    I have not tried this but thought about it. They are in there pretty good, I have tried prying on them but there is not much to pry on. Have you had a lot of luck using the engine compression? Thanks

  6. #6Delmer2013-09-06 10:56

    Those have a lot more to pry on than some injectors. Maybe you need different tools to pry with? If you can, tap a small chisel under either side, then tap sideways on the tabs to break it loose. The bolts will give you a tiny bit of back and forth which might be enough to loosen them up, or you might be able to get the bolts out.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2013-09-07 07:54

    You can also rent an injector puller.. I have 1 that has different ends that fit different injectors...its just a slide hammer w/ diff. ends. Personally I would find a bolt w/ the correct threads to fit in the return..use the "forked end" adapter on my slide hammer tool. Its original purpose of the "forked end" adapter is to pull "pencil injectors".. I wouldn't use the original return line bolt..too weak..

  8. #8Dirt Butcher2014-04-29 11:29

    did you have any luck pulling them out? I am having the identical problem. The one closest to the exhaust is seized solid.

  9. #9mr.kdk2014-04-30 15:16

    Yes I did, I had to put wire cable loop on each side of the injector ears and then I used another excavator above the injectors as I pulled on them with a come along. As I pulled on them I tapped each side of the ears with a steel rod and hammer. I may did this hundreds of times on each side to make them rotate slightly and they finally came out. Make sure you pull on them at the correct angle.

  10. #10Dirt Butcher2014-04-30 16:39

    Thanks for the reply. I am in the process of Welding a nut to a slide hammer and thread it on top of the injector on the advise of a diesel mechanic. I have been taping on the ears and can rotate it a bit. I have it up about 1/2" but then it stalled its progress. It has acclimated to its surroundings after so many years. I will let you know how the puller works. Did you get your smoking problem solved?