Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX50URG

captain charlie ยท 2026-08-20 16:45

After fixing a broken hose and a few others that were on their way out. What seemed like an afternoon quick fix took four days. I had to pull the fuel and hydro tanks just to get close to the broken hose coupling. Obviously they did the plumbing before putting the counterweight on. After exchanging four hoses, i had to sacrifice one that was good to get to a questionable hose (better then, than later i thought). New hoses couplings were 24mm and old ones were 26mm. I had to cut and reshape a 1 1/16 box wrench to fit between couplings. The open end was to thick so i clipped a few mm off each side. Still one flat at a time to remove coupling and put back on. All and all its back clean and tidy with new hydro oil and filters. No parts were lost, but i did find a wrench and a flat screwdriver someone lost in the bowels. Now I have noticed a leaking swivel on the machine end of the boom. I can't find any information or schematics on it or what its real product name is. It look like it is o-ring intensive and a horseshoe clip holding it together. i can live with the drips, but at a hundred dollars a 5 gallon bucket, it needs to be fixed. I attached a few photos and feel everybody but me knows what this is. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2026-08-20 21:29

    Offset boom correct ? See parts screenshot of lines on boom below. A hydraulic shop should be able to match the swivel internal o-rings/ seals. .

  2. #2captain charlie2026-08-21 15:39

    Great and thanks. Had the first part right and I doubt there are any schematics for it. Small enough to figure out what's inside though. Yes offset boom and those pins are getting sloppy. Next on the list for repair. A lot of weight hanging off the boom doesn't help. But offset has come in handy.