I have a Hitachi EX100-2 that I have changed the hydraulic filter, air filter, cleared fuel screen on fuel pickup banjo bolt and replaced the Pressure Sensor on the pump but any hydraulic operation (bucket or travel) at all will bog the motor and stall it. Anyone have a recommended troubleshooting steps I can take to isolate the issue? I've confirmed that i'm getting 5 vdc on the pressure sensor connector outside pins. I have not yet tested pump pressures yet, still researching on where to place test ports.
You can check for service codes using the red LED on the PVC behind the seat. See the link to an older thread below. Post #14 shows how to enable the self diagnostic which sets a light blinking sequence, (if there are any codes). HeavyEquipmentForums . . The PVC is the bottom controller and EC is the top controller. Ignore the light on the EC. if there are any codes ,the light on the PVC will blink in a pattern of long and or short sequence.
Thank you for that. I'll check it out.
I wasn’t able to uncover the PVC yet, it’s quite buried but I did check the voltages on all my sensors on the harness. I also check coil resistance on both of the displacement solenoids and found one open. The other had 60 ohms.
Resistance spec of displacement solenoid coil is 15.5‡1.0 ohms.
Sounds like similar issues I had Diesel Dave helped me out just got going yesterday. I feel your pain. Check out Ex120-2 gremlins thread might help
Is the ohm test the most definative test for the solenoid? If i added pwr to the solenoid’s terminal I should hear it engage correct?
You need to provide power and a ground to the solenoid valve terminals. You should hear a click when powered up. . You can check the mechanical side of the solenoid valve when off the machine and not powered. Apply air pressure to one of the two ports on the solenoid valve. There should be zero air escaping from the other port.
I swapped out both solenoids and it works like a champ…thanks for your help!