Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex55ur battery

matoyan · 2023-04-18 12:15

Hi all, I just picked up ex55ur at a great price but it didn’t come with a battery. Does anyone know what type she takes? I need to get her going so that I can put her to work. I can’t find anything online. Thank you.

Replies5
  1. #1Simon C2023-04-18 22:42

    Probably a good 12 volt battery of sufficient size. Does that unit have only 1 Battery or does it have 2 in parallel. Have to see schematic. Probably a 12 volt system. If I find a schematic from a previous post I will repost. Simon C

  2. #2Simon C2023-04-18 22:49

    An EX 50UR only uses 1, 12volt battery, yours is not much bigger. That being said I usually install the most power that can fit in the box with cables attached. I have cable crimpers so it is easy to modify the cables to fit the need. A good electrical mechanic could no doubt help you out. Post a picture of your battery box. Simon C

  3. #3matoyan2023-04-19 04:29

    It’s definitely only has room for 1 battery. I’ll post a picture when I get home Thank you

  4. #4matoyan2023-04-19 04:31

    This is what I’m leaning with. It’s an inch too long but I can make it fit.

  5. #5Simon C2023-04-19 23:10

    That battery will be strong enough. I always spray some Moovit, or Deep Creep penetrating oil on all the ends once installed to help slow down corrosion. The ends will stay new for years if you do that every oil change. Thats my practice. Simon C