Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex55ur boom lift slow

Learning ยท 2016-08-07 14:42

EX55ur - at first all functions were non operative with continuous buzz and system failure light. Controller LED under the seat blinking. We checked the obvious - fuses, connections, etc. Several people checked it out. Through posts on this forum I found out about the override switch which allows me to raise the boom -- though very slowly. This also changes the continuous buzz to an intermittent one - system light still on. Through the process of checking, etc. all other hydraulics began working normally - as far as speed and range -- The boom is the only thing not working -- will lower and pressure (it will lift the excavator) can be applied. Raising is the problem. I have no idea why everything else started working. No settings were changed. One of the people here to check it out just started it and things worked that hadn't the day before. I have seen reference to a system deactivation indicator. I have no idea what or where that is. Also, someone on the forum referred to a 30 amp fuse that is not in the fuse block. Can't find that either. Would reinitializing the angle sensors be a good step ? -- it's been suggested that the collision prevention system might be the issue or the angle sensor circuit. I walked away from it and when I have some time and patience I work on the puzzle. Thank goodness I don't need it every day. I've been spending a lot of time reading this forum and am impressed by the wealth of knowedge being shared and the time everybody spends to help others. It's terrifiic.

Replies0

No replies yet.