My EX60-2 Air Filter Restriction indicator light started coming on after starting the engine. It does go off after running for almost an hour. I installed new air filters (inner and outer) and the warning light still comes on! I stuck my shopvac vacuum hose all the way into the air tube behind the filters, thinking there might be a mouse nest blocking the tube. It did not fix the problem. Any suggestions?
Find the sensor. Typically sensors ground the signal wire, so remove the wire and see if the alarm goes off, then ground the wire and see if the light goes on, then replace the sensor, or track the wire as appropriate. It might not be this simple if the light is computer controlled, like it averages the last ten minutes or something before "throwing the code".
Good strategy! You're assuming it is a bad sensor since the warning light persisted after I changed the filters. What if the air duct is clogged between the filters and the engine air intake? I'll probably just spring for a new sensor as you suggest.
No, I meant to disconnect the wire as a way to test whether the sensor is bad, or the wiring/gauge/computer is bad. If you disconnect the wire, and the warning goes off, then ground it and the warning comes on, and then re connect it to the sensor (not running, or idling with no suction on the sensor) then the sensor is not functioning. If you do all those things and the warning still comes on, then the sensor is not the problem. This is assuming there is only one wire going to this sensor. It could be something much more complicated, or it could be a warning to change your filter for all I know about this machine, nothing. Find the sensor is the first step...