Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX60-2 Hydraulic Conversion

Bakernator ยท 2021-04-23 10:31

Has anyone ever removed and converted the hydraulic system to eliminate the electronics? It looks like the dash 2/3 machines were problematic and they make conversion kits for them, but I cant find anything for the ex60, only the ex100 and up. Has anyone done this for these machines or can the EX100 kit be used?

Replies3
  1. #1mutti_wilson2021-04-26 16:16

    What electronics are there? There are no sensors on my pump. There is a solenoid valve, but it works just fine with that unplugged. When I got mine nothing was hooked up and there was a manual throttle and it worked fine. I now have everything hooked up and all the power modes and travel speeds work but it did function before that.

  2. #2Bakernator2021-04-29 11:00

    What year is your machine? Currently The key and everything is bypassed and i can operate it, but would like to get it back to those functioning. My father had bypassed the key and things before he passed away.

  3. #3mutti_wilson2021-04-29 14:54

    I'm not sure on the year. Early 90's. It's an EX60-2. Sounds like a good time with wiring diagrams. I'd print them out in a poster format and tape them together for a larger size. That or have them printed on 24x36 or something.