Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu pc50uu-1 engine rebuild

samsstuff ยท 2021-04-21 21:08

anybody got any input on rebuilding one these engines, im about to have dive into mine

Replies8
  1. #1John C.2021-04-21 21:14

    Make sure you have a book before you start. Is yours a three cylinder or a four?

  2. #2Makar2021-04-22 03:22

    I have all book for Komatsu

  3. #3samsstuff2021-04-22 09:17

    ive got the parts list book and the shop manual, ive got a buddy thats real smart on engines, i wont tackle it alone, im on the fence whether to take injection pump and get it gone thru, its in a bad place once the motor is back in

  4. #4samsstuff2021-04-24 20:37

    its a 3 cylinder

  5. #5John C.2021-04-25 11:16

    I usually work from the idea of much work has to be done to get the component out again later on. It seems that if the motor has to be pulled in order to fix it later, and you have the money to do it now, I'd probably do it now.

  6. #6samsstuff2021-04-26 16:02

    yep got it on motor stand in the garage, ring stuck in piston, now its off to figure out which china shop get the rebuild kit from on ebay, havent found anybody in usa

  7. #7John C.2021-04-26 18:07

    You should get a hold of Martin at Modern Machinery in Missoula, Montana. He has plenty of access to all kinds of Komatsu stuff new and used. [email protected]

  8. #8samsstuff2021-04-27 08:10

    I'll do it thanks for the info