Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX60-2 slow & weak hydraulics after 30-40 mins

tonybsa ยท 2018-04-04 18:10

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help please, my EX60-2 is playing up again, firstly the engine dies under any load put on it. I believe I have cured this problem by replacing all the fuel filters and fuel line. I now have a the following problem, when i start and work the machine from cold it functions fine, both tracking and hydraulics. As the machine warms up and gets hot it is fine for about 30-40mins, then the speed and power of the hydraulics starts slow and become weak, selecting power mode works a little better until eventually even this has little or no effect and the power and speed drop right away. the tracking however is fine and normal speed and power all function. if i leave the machine to cool and go back after approx an hour the machine will function fine again until it warms up then the cycle starts all over again, slow and weak hydraulics but tracking is all fine. I will happily purchase sensor or components if someone can help me identify which ones. I have also seen these machine can be expensive trouble with the sensors and electronics, i would happily convert to a mechanical system without all the electronic C**P if i could find a kit, does anyone know where i can get a kit for an EX60-2?

Replies6
  1. #1Wes J2018-04-04 18:37

    Sounds like wear in the pump. The cooler oil is thicker. The warm oil is thinner. If there components are worn, the thin oil leaks past. If you can find the case drain for the pump, you could crack it open under load and see how much oil is leaking past.

  2. #2mikebramel2018-04-04 18:42

    Measeure the pilot pressure cold compared to hot

  3. #3tonybsa2018-04-04 18:43

    ok, thankyou, that is not good news. if it is wear in the pump, would the tracking not be affected?

  4. #4tonybsa2018-04-04 18:45

    ok, the pilot circuit controls the system function and the main hydraulics i assume?

  5. #5mikebramel2018-04-04 23:18

    Yes it does

  6. #6Wes J2018-04-04 23:43

    It may have more than one pump.