Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Deere 160C LC Slow hydraulics HELP!!

fatloser ยท 2018-04-05 18:43

I just purchased this machine. Showed up dead slow hydraulics, hour counter not counting, no 2 speed travel, battery light stays on for about ten minutes. The pump spools up if I ground the pump control solenoid.

Replies10
  1. #1seville0092018-04-05 18:50

    If it were me, first step when buying used equipment is change all fluids and filters, check all belts, check all connections for cleanliness and tightness, check all grounds, check battery voltage both with engine on and off. That may clear up alot of issues for you.

  2. #2fatloser2018-04-05 19:34

    I need to know what the voltage should be at the pump control solenoids. I'm thinking the controller is bad. I have a constant 24v on both solenoids. Also I have a constant 24v at my 2 speed travel solenoid. I believe the hour counter is a separate issue. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3tool_king2018-04-06 00:45

    fatloser what is your email address ? I can email you both the operation and service manuals .

  4. #4fatloser2018-04-09 17:14

    [email protected]

  5. #5tool_king2018-04-09 18:16

    manuals were sent to you

  6. #6fatloser2018-04-12 21:01

    I wanted to say thank you again. Machine is back up and running. Had a broken wire, 1 bad pressure sensor, and a bad ecu.

  7. #7fatloser2018-04-24 22:26

    Any way you can send manuals again? I didn't know the link would expire. Thanks in advance

  8. #8tool_king2018-04-25 00:21

    Manuals where email to you .I was able to direct load them in three emails to you .

  9. #9dhutch2018-08-30 21:24

    fatloser I have a 160c lc with only one travel speed, the battery light stays on all the time, the hydraulics work, but seem slower than what I would think is normal. I just purchased the manuals for it. How did you go about finding the bad solenoid or what led you to it? The service manual? What wire did you find broke and how did you determine your ecu was bad? thanks

  10. #10fatloser2018-08-31 18:24

    email me your phone #. I will give you a shout. [email protected]