Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi ex60-3 hydraulic pipe fittings

cjmc · 2020-11-03 14:40

hi all Are all the pipes on my ex60-3 either ORFS or JIC? Is there any other types used? Are the ORFS fittings metric or imperial thread? Reason I am asking is I want to order some blanking caps and plugs as I intend to start a strip down and rebuild of the digger soon and I want to be able blank off the various pipes and fittings that will need to be disconnected to prevent contamination. Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1mutti_wilson2020-11-03 14:54

    I'm still waiting on some fittings so I can't 100% verify but I think the control valve threads are BSPP and there is a BSPP-JIC fitting on each port. That's on my EX60-2. Other than that it's ORFS and JIC.

  2. #2cjmc2020-11-03 15:13

    Thanks for the reply mutti So the Fittings on the control valve are JIC facing the hose and bspp threading into the control valve ports? Thanks

  3. #3uffex2020-11-03 15:44

    As to the best of my information ORFS only come in imperial size Uffex

  4. #4mutti_wilson2020-11-03 16:02

    That's correct.

  5. #5cjmc2020-11-03 16:13

    Thanks, after doing a little research there it seems that ORFS and JIC both have UNF threads, which should make ordering the blanks a bit more straight forward. I would have originally thought that hitachi, being a Japanese company, would be using metric thread, but ya learn something new every day.

  6. #6uffex2020-11-03 16:29

    Good day CJ Trade you for some pickled herrings Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7uffex2020-11-03 16:30

    Paste not working so good

  8. #8cjmc2020-11-04 16:38

    Thanks for the replies, got them ordered up there this evening so I should have them in a few days. As an aside anyone know the thread dimensions for installing lifting eyes into the top of the counterweight for lifting it off? I removed one of the plastic caps today, it’s bigger than m24 so thinking it’s m27, don’t know if it’s coarse or fine thread? Thanks

  9. #9Tugger22020-11-04 20:41

    http://spokanehose.com/product.php?id=8127 I have one of these hose and fitting id kits. Check with your hydraulic supplier ,id bet they can help you. They are easy to use and solve a wide variety of mystery fittings.

  10. #10lantraxco2020-11-08 01:11

    Should not be JIC from Japan, but anything is possible. Valves and pumps from Japan are often made under license and so will have standard SAE ORB thread and O-ring dimensions. Cone fittings from Japan are often JIS, reverse cone usually DIN or BSPP.