Looking for a used swing box. Or rebuild what we have. We have a parts manual but could use a service manual. Also part numbers seem to vary widely from out parts list numbers ??? Anybody have a service manual that we could get a copy? Also a little confused on ex60-1 to ex60-5 whats the difference? Thanks dano
I purchased a EX60-2 Service Manual from Finney Equipment for $125. It's a print version so I can't send it digitally. It doesn't have part numbers but the swing motor drawing has a number in the lower right corner: T102-02-04-001. I don't know if that's a drawing or part number. You say swing 'box'. Do you mean swing motor or the swing bearing? My EX60-2 swing motor leaks hydraulic fluid into the swing bearing which seeps fluid so I'm looking for a rebuilt motor (or local rebuild of the motor). My local Hitachi dealer said it's a gray market machine and he might not have parts. It's the same as a John Deere 190E; I thought that would help. I just requested quotes on rebuilt motors from hrparts.com and amsconstructionparts.com. Ken
hi ken how is your project coming along? we are waiting to hear back from some used parts dealers also. Our pump is fine but the bearings and a gear on the lower end are bad. We were hoping to put a rebuild on rather than rebuild. You have any thoughts on that? danny
I got a quote from AMS Construction Parts in New Hampshire (?) for a warranted used swing motor for $2500. I asked for a quote on rebuilding my motor--$1800-$2200. They are very good but it's a lot of money. So I've gone another route. I bought a Hitachi seal kit for $45 and the local BOCES machinery class is going to work on my machine. It may take a while but it's a win-win. They learn and my leak will be fixed. I would love to do it myself though. The swing motor is a fascinating machine. The leak is so severe now it loses probably 3 gallons in one hour. Another random thought... The local John Deere/Hitachi dealer was no help. They didn't give me a quote and couldn't find parts. They said my machine was gray market so treated it as untouchable.
danonanno, what is the part number on your 60urg parts manual?
We have an electronic version of parts book. not sure of any numbers for it. There is a handwritten number on the front page. P10c-1-1. dont know if that means anything. We are going to check on getting the service manual. Is yours a true Service Manual? Things are going a bit slow here. The owner of the excavator is having some heart issues and is also supposed to have back surgery soon as long as the heart is not too bad. He has talked to AMS but haven't heard back. I may have to give them a call. We'll get-r done one way or another. tks danny
Is it possible to get a copy of your manual? I would like to compare part numbers between the URG and others. I have printed parts manuals for the EX 60, 60-2, 60-3 and 60-5 and would like to see where the URG fits in. The hand written number is likely the manual number.
Sure just let me know an email to send to. They are in pdf format. I am going to order ex60-2 service manual from finney
Thank you danonanno for the parts pdf. Just a quick comparison between that and the EX60-1 parts manual and it appears that the majority of all major component parts interchange. And the 60-1 is the same as the Deere 70D so you should have very little problems getting parts.
Frontier Tractor dismantled an EX60 recently. 800-586-7900
Thank you finaldrive. i will check it out
would it be possible for you to check and see if the swing gearbox (part# 9118328) is the same for ex60 versions 1-5. I'm thinking it is the same gearbox for all ex60 thanks danny