Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX60G

Dave EX60 · 2019-11-30 16:02

We have a Hitachi EX60G. Running last weekend and just lost power and stalled. Appeared to be a fuel issue. I replaced the fuel filter. Started but didn’t run very good. Took the fuel line off where it goes into the filter. Blew into it and did not bubble in the tank. Tank is more than half full. Put another piece of hose on into a fuel can. Started and ran fine. Draining the tank now to remove the outlet tank fitting. It is not blocked just no fuel coming out. I will post the results when we take the fitting out of the bottom of the tank

Replies3
  1. #1Bls repair2019-11-30 21:01

    Supply pump weak won’t pick up past 1/2 a tank? Pickup tube in tank broken?

  2. #2Dave EX602019-11-30 22:59

    Parts picture shows a fitting in the bottom of the tank with a short tube. Looks like just long enough to get up past any sediment or water. With the tank half full I can blow in the line and not hear bubbles, just air coming into the tank. If I lower the end of the hose below fuel level nothing comes out.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2019-12-01 06:48

    If u hear air..then there wont BE fuel..