Hello there, new here. I have a hitachi ex75ur-5 which is not charging, the alternator is good as I’ve got it tested. Just looking to see what else I can check for, Cheers.
Disconnect battery wire off alternator, take care not to short it to any ground, turn key on, then check with meter or known good light bulb that you have voltage from battery on that wire. My experience with Japanese machines is that they will often have a heavy fuse somewhere inline in this circuit, sometimes in a fuse panel, but often in the harness, sometimes will be a fusible link near the battery or battery relay.
Alternators are fairly simple, they get power from the ignition switch, and then they charge the battery with the big wire. Find a wiring diagram for the alternator model you have, then check if you have voltage at the correct places.
Verify that the drive belt has a solid grip on the alternator pulley. If the ex75ur has a fan that is driven off the same belt as the alternator, try rotating the fan by pulling on one of the blades while the engine is stopped. If you can turn the fan with this test, it means the belt does not have a good grip on the fan pulley, and you should check for a loose or glazed drive belt.
I have EX-75-UR I will include a pic from op manual for fuse box and 2 pics from parts catalog i hope they help you sould be able to zoom in pretty good
Super, thanks lads, it turns out I hadn’t the belt tensioned enough, thought from the beginning I had it tight enough but no always good to get a second opinion. Cheers guys.