Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi excavator

papafarmer ยท 2010-03-24 21:28

We've just acquired a Hitachi excavator that we have not been able to identify as to model. Seems to be either a UHO25 or EX60, but has no serial number or model identification that we can find. We're new to this type of machine, and would like to locate a manual, but first need to know the model. Maybe neither of the above...Is there any telltale way of determining the model? Will try to post a pic to help with perspective. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. Thanks!

Replies18
  1. #1willie592010-03-24 22:14

    Welcome to the forum papafarmer. :usa If you could post several pics from around the machine, might help someone recognise it.

  2. #2strott2010-03-25 16:19

    In the UK an EX60 was an approx 6 ton machine with short tailswing and a short dipper - usually on rubber tracks. Not sure if this sounds like yours though??!! Looking forward to your pics.

  3. #3papafarmer2010-03-28 15:19

    Hitachi excavator pics Here are some pics of the excavator we are trying to identify as to the model. The 601 Ford tractor next to it is provide perspective. Hope someone can identify it based on this information. Thanks!

  4. #4Excavator7592010-03-28 16:57

    a friend of mine has the same machine that someone dropped off for some work and never came and got it. i believe it says UH25 on it.i will try to stop by there tomorrow and see if it has any tags on it or something.

  5. #5cps2010-03-28 17:57

    I Dont think its an EX60! but still not sure if its an UH025!

  6. #6willie592010-03-28 18:29

    Can't say for sure myself. Looks bigger than an EX60, they didn't have that much area between rear of cab and counterweight. Maybe an older model EX80, definitely not a 100 size. Just a guess.

  7. #7Double T2010-03-28 18:53

    Picture of a UH 025 at http://www.ottractors.com/otherexcavators It looks like very similar

  8. #8papafarmer2010-03-28 20:39

    Hitachi excavator pics Appreciate the speedy and knowledgeable replies...Thanks for helping us narrow down the possible models for this machine. It seems to be a keeper: after just a bit of tinkering, everything seems to be working except the radio..(may have to get used to hearing myself sing) Any good place to look for a manual for it once we're certain of the model? TKS AGN!

  9. #9willie592010-03-28 21:25

    papafarmer, I'd be willing to wager that's a grey market machine. If the radio turns on, but doesn't play sound, it's because the frequency isn't correct for the U.S. Getting parts for them can be a challenge at times, but if you have a good Deere dealer who is willing to work with you, parts can be obtained. If it's grey market, you probably won't be able to get a manual for it. Even if you could, it would be in Japanese. I've worked on a number of grey market Hitachi's, sometimes they have to contact corporate Deere to obtain correct parts page, but it's not that bad.

  10. #10strott2010-03-29 14:26

    Looks like an early EX60 or similar but as stated earlier could be a japanese machine hence the different model name/number. I don't think that machine ever made it to the UK as I have never seen them before, the boom and dipper look identical to the EX60 that did make it into the UK. However most EX60's had a blade but that may have been an option.

  11. #11cps2010-03-30 06:46

    I can confirm you have a Hitachi UH025 i was in a suppliers yard this morning and as i was coming out in the yard oppisite his there was an excavator sitting there IDENTICAL to yours with UH025 in big letters on the side! Hope this helps with parts and manuals etc CPS

  12. #12papafarmer2010-03-30 11:53

    Hitachi UHO25 Thanks for the legwork, and this information is just what we need to go forward. Sincerely appreciate your input, and everyone who responded. Does this mean it isn't necessarily a gray market machine, or is that now unlikely? The radio is going to come out and we'll check it outside the machine to see if it is a frequency or some other type of problem. Let you know...Thanks again!

  13. #13Double T2010-03-30 14:35

    If you look at Machinery Trader the UH025 for sale are in Bangkok, Thailand http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...UH025&Manu=HITACHI&mdlx=exact&bcatid=4&Pref=0

  14. #14hvy 1ton2010-03-30 15:47

    Well, i know the large UH excavators were sold here in north america. I would assume the smaller ones were to. I would guess that most of the small UH machines were shipped over seas some time ago, since most people don't hang on to smaller machines as long as they would, say a UH181.

  15. #15Diggaman2011-03-26 06:52

    I think you will find that this is what is called a UH025-5. Manufactured in the early 1980's. Should have a 4 cylinder Isuzu Engine Model 4BB1 fitted. One note about the model. The model UH025 was the model name for the Japanese Domestic market. Export Models were called UH031. Hitachi ,way back then when the UH Series were being made & sold , would call their excavators sold in Japan a certain model & the ones they would export to overseas markets they would give it abother model name even though they were the excact same thing......Very confusing.

  16. #16dakuch2011-03-28 11:40

    I have a EX40UR mini excavator, I think this may be your model: EX60 www.hitachi-c-m.com/global/pdf/products/excavator/medium/ex60-3/KS-E137.pdf it looks alot like your. I found manual for machine and engine too. JIM double click on this link

  17. #17Diggaman2011-03-29 00:54

    It is a UH025-5 , Or as we know it in NZ , a UH031. Google UH025-5 and you should get a few hits on some units still for sale in Japan. Anyway , These were sold in this part of the world from 1981 through to late 1983. This model was replaced by what you probably know as the UH025-7 ,(or what we would call a UH033) in 1984 & was in production through to mid 1987 when it was replaced by the EX60-1. Looking at the supplied picture & going by a parts book i can lay my hand on for one these , units with a sloping edge on the window in front of the door were used up to serial no. 1240. So that would possibly make it somewere about a 1981 - 1982 vintage. No looking to bad for somthing that is 30 years old.

  18. #18riverron992015-03-31 03:07

    riverron99 A little slow-- I just found this site. I would like to confirm--Yes, It's a UH-O25. I have one just like it. Well almost. Mine is not as pretty as the one pictured. It's a grey market machine. I'm in the Philippines and ALL second hand machines come from Japan and it is a nightmare to get parts for them. I'm in Davao City. I can't even buy a radiator cap for it! I have crawled all over this thing for the last 5 years and have yet to find a model or serial number. here's a site that might help on other but similar models. A friend sent me a complete parts schematic. If you think it will help I can try to send it to you. http://www.stolenheavyequipment.com/docs/OSWCA_Equipement_Theft_Brochure_rev1_LR.pdf