I currently have a Kubota kx91-2 and im thinking of upgrading at some point to something newer and slightly bigger. My truck can legally hold up to 4.6tonne or so. I like the U45 kubota but with cabin, buckets ect may be a bit heavy. The kobelco and jcb 4t seem good but never used them and dont know much about them. I've taken a big liking to the takeuchi 38 zero swing and really like the way the boom offsets to the left and right. All input will be appreciated and other recomendations will be great. Also how do the minis cope with breakers people i know have advised me never to put breakers on the smaller minis cause they rattle to bits. Ive never had one on mine so would like to hear from people who have. Thanking you all in advance. P.S I know theres probably little in these machines and their all more or less as good as the next one but thourght id ask anyways. Thanks.
That's the thing, it's the attachments that add the weight, a rock breaker in your ex class will weigh between 200-300kgs, 4 buckets + quick hitch about 300kg, ramps about 60kg, augers + auger drive?, thumb? Anyway stick with Kubota unless you don't like the dealer. The 3 series are very good. RE breakers, I have a 100kg breaker on my Kub KX41-3V and it has no problems, if you need a breaker, get a breaker and charge a bit more to take into consideration extra machine wear. I don't know which people you have been talking to but a breaker is not going to rattle your machine to bits unless you use it wrong or spend 90% of your time using it. Of course a breaker is hard work for ANY ex but it's going to wear out a 50 tonne machine or 5 tonne machine just the same.
Try this thread:
I run a breaker on my kubota K008-3 and it works fine, only minor disadvantage is that the machine sometimes doesn't have the power to lift the breaker out of the concrete if it pinches but on your size machine that shouldn't be a problem. As long as you maintain your machine well and keep it greased, then there should be very little additional wear and tear on the machine - if you think about it there is less movement happening on the pins and bushes when running a breaker compared to excavating a trench as the boom is in a fixed position whilst breaking e.t.c - yes there is increased vibration but if all joints are greased then there should be little friction caused by the vibration. If you do a lot of hours with a breaker then manufacturers recommend changing the hydraulic oil more regularly than every 1000 hours.
You're probably trying to break off more than the breaker can chew Happens to me too if I position the tool too far into the material I am trying to break up. Worst is when you don't have an edge, in that case I angle the breaker a bit to create a hole the material can break off into. Just about all carriers with breakers will have that problem because the scale of operations goes up, a 20 tonner with a 2 tonne breaker may well get stuck too. What size breaker are you running? I have a Krupp HM60, which weighs 100kg with silencing box. My Kx41 could probably run a 200kg breaker no worries but for what I am doing the HM60 is fine. The actual breaker only weighs 60kg and I have toyed with the idea of making up plates for the breaker so I can run it on my SK005. The SK has enough hydraulic grunt to run the breaker but in order to justify the expense of making up plates I would need to have work lined up where only the SK could get into the work area.
thank all of u for your input its good to hear from blokes that know what thier talking about and it all makes sense. As for the ex we'll see how we go in the near future. I like the kubota's but theirs others that stand out too. And that other thread was a good help. Thanks again. Cheers.
The K008-3 runs an Arrowhead S10 breaker which can handle a flow rate of 16-30 litres a minute, the machine has a flow rate of 21 LPM and weighs approx 75KG. I could change/swap the mounting bracket on the S10 to run on my Kubota KX41-3 as that has a max auxilary flow rate of 27.7 LPM but decided to buy a larger hammer for the KX41-3 as this allows me just to pick up the hammer for each machine when needed without having to swap brackets e.t.c - the larger breaker is an Arrowhead S20 which can handle flow rates of up to 40 LPM, it weighs approx 100 KG.
How do I work the Hydraulic breaker on a Kubota KX41-3v ????? I have just rented this for the weekend and just cant figure it out! H E L P
Flip over the pedal to the left of the track levers and depress the pedal to the left, if you are doing this and there is still a problem it could be that the flow changeover valve (which is under the floor on the left hand side of the machine just in front of the seat area) is not in the breaker position which is highlighted by the diagrams on the bodywork next to the valve just push the lever in the direction indicated by the pictures. Good luck - let us know how you get on.
Many Many Thanks! I'd never have found that on my own.
So you had a destructive day then!!??!!??
Very! It's an easy machine to use and gets the job done. I just wish I had asked in the rental shop where the one switch was for the breaker! Great fun!
Mini Excavator and Breaker I am not convinced to use a breaker on any of my mini's. Hard enough on the 590 Case. :usa
Yes, breakers are hard on the machine but the job has gotta get done.